Fuel Lab fuel pumps,,

I've been running one for a number of years without issue.

To put that into perspective, the truck is my daily driver and I had burned up four brushed motor pumps prior to that in so many years. Two SX pumps and two A-1000's. Each pump died in about a year, some less.

I think this Fuelab is about 3 years old IIRC.

Brushless is the way IMO.

I'm running a 41402-2. I had one of the first pumps they ever used in a diesel application. Charles, a member on this site had probably the first one.

LOL I knew he would see this.

My first pump went down a couple months ago. It was repaired and updated at no charge.

Which model were you running? This is my first stab at a bigger hp p7100 pumped truck and really don't know how many gph I'm gonna need to sustain 45-50 psi to feed my pump. the pump should flow 550ish cc. They're available in 105 to 190 gph at 45 psi.
Gear jammer, I'll shoot you a price when i price mine tomorrow hopefully.

sustaining good pressure? what are you running for a reg and filter setup? I'll probably run their reg but just a universal filter base.
Thanks!

I'm using an SX regulator, a universal filter head post pump and an SX inline prefilter.

i will be buyin one of these, if and when my aeromotive tsunami kicks the bucket

As far as flow rate.... I think a lot of people run way too much pump.

IIRC the way I have mine set it moves ~60 gph at the 65psi I run. I have yet to turn it up any higher because it has yet to drop pressure and the truck consistently pulls low 600's.

Some ballparking tells me that if I'm consistently making upward of 600rwhp on ~60gph, then assuming the BSFC stayed the same, a pump moving 170gph wouldn't make sense unless I were planning on making over 1500rwhp.

Circulating a bunch of fuel you don't consume just requires excessive plumbing and filter sizes and places additional load and wear on the pump and electrical system all the time for no benefit.

JMO.

As far as flow rate.... I think a lot of people run way too much pump.

IIRC the way I have mine set it moves ~60 gph at the 65psi I run. I have yet to turn it up any higher because it has yet to drop pressure and the truck consistently pulls low 600's.

Some ballparking tells me that if I'm consistently making upward of 600rwhp on ~60gph, then assuming the BSFC stayed the same, a pump moving 170gph wouldn't make sense unless I were planning on making over 1500rwhp.

Circulating a bunch of fuel you don't consume just requires excessive plumbing and filter sizes and places additional load and wear on the pump and electrical system all the time for no benefit.

JMO.

Charles, did you regulate the voltage that the pump sees to decrease the GPH output?

I have mine on the low setting as required by Fuelab, but I feel that im returning and recirculating way too much fuel as you stated.

Please Explain.

Charles, did you regulate the voltage that the pump sees to decrease the GPH output?

I have mine on the low setting as required by Fuelab, but I feel that im returning and recirculating way too much fuel as you stated.

Please Explain.

I just had Ron make me a pump that was efficient moving ~60gph at ~65psig. And I believe I do have it on the "low" setting, although I can't remember if it was this one or the first prototype that I used my own speed control circuit on. Regardless of how I did this one, the end result is a pump that's moving ~60gph at ~65psig and it seems to be fine at 600rwhp as far as pump sizing is concerned.

But unless something has changed, the pumps have an electronic speed control built in. You simply provide a 0-5v analog input on the signal wire to set pump speed. There is a 5v regulated source voltage and a ground leaving the pump circuit board for you to access. You can run whatever pump speed you wish with some simple voltage divider circuits. Assuming the motor doesn't start to pull excessive amperage or cog on you.

They have good info on Fuel Labs tech page on thier website. it shows 4 ways to wire it for different speeds. High speed , low speed, switchable high/low speed and variable speed.

They have good info on Fuel Labs tech page on thier website. it shows 4 ways to wire it for different speeds. High speed , low speed, switchable high/low speed and variable speed.

Well there ya go.

How much noise do these pumps make?

There pretty loud. I can barely hear mine when the truck is running and I'm outside the cab.

When the key is on and I haven't started the truck yet, I can definatly tell its running...

There pretty loud. I can barely hear mine when the truck is running and I'm outside the cab.

When the key is on and I haven't started the truck yet, I can definatly tell its running...

Thanks,My raptor is stupid loud and im gettin tired of listening to it and was leaning twords one of these pumps or a mechanical

i like it..... just adds to the noise my truck already makes....