Fuel pressure readings video.???

hereismylife

Unknow at this time
Here are some vids where my fuel pressure is....

FUEL PRESSURE 4 13 10 pictures by j_k_auto - Photobucket

I shimmed the ovf and it is still low.

I drove around and it seems to low from what I have read.

I am still thinking on getting a adj reg because this ofv just sucks. I tried to adjust it and it went up from eight to where it is at now at idle.

If I get a adj reg can I run it from 30psi and up or does it have to be at 22 psi?

Will it hurt the pump?

Also from what I read is that the aftermarket pumps run steady at 40-50 psi trough the p pump and remove the ofv. The aftermarket pumps controls the pressure so this should mean the p pump is ok at 30-40 psi at idle using the stock lift pump?

Maybe I am wrong....thanks

Won't hurt the pump but that gauge ain't gonna live long.

Why is that? Is it because it bounces around? I have a needle valve in there to calm it down.

I am still searching on what autometer uses with there gauges?

What do you recommend for the highest pressure at idle?

You would be the first to successfully run a fuel pressure gauge on a mechanical lp.

Well in my video it was a test gauge. I want to but a electric gauge and mount it but I need to know about the adjustable reg setting ..ect..ect.. first.

I need to get my pressure right so I need to get the right adj reg...

Maybe a 13109 - aeromotive A1000-6 Regulator • Base pressure adjustable from 40-75 PSI.

You can run 45psi through the pump all day long and not hurt a thing.

When you start pushing 65-70psi, you can cause leaks at some of the seals.

I calmed my gauge down by modifying it to be liquid filled. Used 100% silicone from RC-world for fluid.

Now it doesn't matter as I have the electric lift pump. I have 30psi basic press and 1:1 boost rising rate up to 40psi regulated by the big turbo boost. Works very good.

Thanks for the info guys.

Why is the ofv set at 17-22 at idle if you can hold 45 psi at idle?

Some reason they did this.....??????

Just wondering....

Reduction of emissions and smoke/haze most likely. Or finetuning of overall fueling.

I just do ot want to hurt my pump. Some say it can blow seals out....ect..ect

thanks

Emissions... never thought about that......

i got my tsunami pump running through said regulator @ 45 psi idle.... i like the way my truck runs... i can tame it down to 35ish psi... but 45-50 seems to be the sweet spot for me... i had it @ 80ish by accident when i first installed it... but hey....

did i mention how mean they sound just idiling when the fuel pressure is cranked ?

i got my tsunami pump running through said regulator @ 45 psi idle.... i like the way my truck runs... i can tame it down to 35ish psi... but 45-50 seems to be the sweet spot for me... i had it @ 80ish by accident when i first installed it... but hey....

did i mention how mean they sound just idiling when the fuel pressure is cranked ?

wow 80:badidea:...lol....xxit happens

Thanks for the info....