Fuel to 4k RPM???

Redlines are made for pulling! And they are the BEST at it for a VP! It took me awhile to see the light but now i have one and love it. Also if you plan on going over 3400 in a VP Your defiantely going to need a cam and head work would also help out alot!

My cam is stock. I made good power to 4200rpm.

i find it hard to believe that you held a good graph all the way till 4200 with stock turbo. the stock cam does not make power up there.... at least i have never seen it.
You must be spraying it.

Lance

i find it hard to believe that you held a good graph all the way till 4200 with stock turbo. the stock cam does not make power up there.... at least i have never seen it.
You must be spraying it.

Lance

Who said stock turbo? I ran 62/71/14. Definately no spray. Stock cam definately makes power up there. I've been to 4300 on the street already & let out, vp44.

Well the new engine is going to have a cam, headwork, & be ballaced & blueprinted. So it will be set up for the higher RPM.

a p pump will support more fuel than any vp setup out there. and 4000 rpms is old news. theres alot of people running 5000 to well till the rods fly out the block lol with p pumps if your going to use it for competition i would deff p pump it

If I was using it for compition I probly would P-pump it. But its just my daily driver.

LOL thats true. Iv had the truck for 5 years now & been modding it here & there since i bought it. Its my only form of transportation. So untill i get another car or truck its staying my daily driver.

Besides cummins724, you're not going to make good power after around 3500 with anything unless you have some sort of cam besides stock, imo. His truck is a fluke. This is obvious because of the RPM's he can run.

I've spiked a few times around 4100 or 4200, but never could sustain it or keep pulling at that. The redline will fuel 100% to 4K. The dyno sheets only show the drop off because the cam is not designed to support ANY activity in those ranges. If you're not looking for all out wide open power, then stay away from the redline.

As far as still gaining rpms, a smarty on either 4 or 5, depending on what box you run it with, will gain you the most fuel at upper rpms. Higher settings will give you a top end dead pedal. For the dyno, you will see a fatter curve with the catcher software, but if you're shooting for a peak number, run either 2 or 3 (once again, depending on the box you run).

You won't go wrong running either the TST or some sort of Edge with the Smarty. Both are great combos.$.02

Besides cummins724, you're not going to make good power after around 3500 with anything unless you have some sort of cam besides stock, imo. His truck is a fluke. This is obvious because of the RPM's he can run.

I've spiked a few times around 4100 or 4200, but never could sustain it or keep pulling at that. The redline will fuel 100% to 4K. The dyno sheets only show the drop off because the cam is not designed to support ANY activity in those ranges. If you're not looking for all out wide open power, then stay away from the redline.

As far as still gaining rpms, a smarty on either 4 or 5, depending on what box you run it with, will gain you the most fuel at upper rpms. Higher settings will give you a top end dead pedal. For the dyno, you will see a fatter curve with the catcher software, but if you're shooting for a peak number, run either 2 or 3 (once again, depending on the box you run).

You won't go wrong running either the TST or some sort of Edge with the Smarty. Both are great combos.$.02

I talked to Chip [Blue Chip] & he explained why my truck can make power. I asked him to test my pump to try to help the vp world & he had no interest. I also asked Brady [II] about testing it, but he didn't seem interested neither. I'm not sure if its because they already know the reason, don't care to know or they are afraid of messing up a good thing.:hehe: VP guys need to unite & demand to know before this pump dies.:hehe:

Is it someone's hot rod pump? What was Chip's explanation?

The new engine is going to have a cam, headwork & be fully ballanced. So If I can get something to fuel it to the higher rpms It will be set up & should make good power up there. & I am wanting to use the Edge that is in my sig.

Is it someone's hot rod pump? What was Chip's explanation?

Its a standard SO from II. Chip said that there is a spring inside of the pump which controls some kind of lever that is weighted. He thinks the lever on my vp is either lighter & allowing the spring to make more push. Or possibly a stronger than normal spring. He said that if my pump goes bad, he won't touch that section of the pump. He will only repair the necessary problem parts & promises it will return in same condition. When I told him what my numbers were above 4k rpm, he kinda sounded sarcastic saying "Well you should be jumping for joy because that pump is special". I asked "Well, I'd still like to get full fueling from my Redline box. The Adrenaline made 80hp more than the Redline above 3500rpm". He didn't believe me.