Fueling/Timing Boxes

duke1n

Banned
Installing Helix cam and springs and want to spin my 24V up in the 3400rpm range.

Called Edge today and was going to send my Comp back for Drag flash. They wouldn't ship anyway but UPS which won't work in winter for me since they won't come up the mountain. Asked if they could ship postal or Fedex? Was told nope, have a nice day. FU Edge

Called Quad about their box. Was transfered to the tech person who couldn't even answer my question about does their box override stock rpm related defauling. She told me that defueling occurred during shifting. Sigh... Not impressed.

Not a fan of Marco end of story there.

Bluechip Redline box. Provides fueling but no timing?

TST?

What's the best setup for the track that comes with some decent customer service?

I installed a Smarty in an 07 Dodge the other night and all I can say is WOW. :rockwoot: Very impressed. Truck pull's very good, shift's are almost perfect. My first, but won't be my last experience with em. Hope this help's, Gary

Won't ship up the mountain??

Any way, best stack, IMHO is a Van Aaken and a TST Comp. That will fuel to 3500 rpm.

You'll need some kind'a ECM flash. I don't think a BUS catcher will do it....unless you pull some kind'a fuse or something. ???

UPS driver is a wuss and won't come up my driveway in the winter. FedEx will no problemo. UPS sucks lol.

I don't think Smarties are all they're cracked up to be and I dislike the seller(s)...

ECM reflash. Anyone besides said individual above do this?

Redline box?

......if only EFI Live would crack the code. Cummins with a little better turbo would be :bow: .

stack the redline with a van aaken R

dude, if you dont know, I'm not gonna tell you LOL

TST comp is also a good choice.

I have the Bluechip FMS and I love it. Complete adjustability. I don't have any shutter when I let out of the fuel like the edge comp.

I can't speak for bluechip customer service since I have never had to use it.. But their product is top notch, and I highly recommend it.

I have it stacked with a Catcher ECM (smarty before it was smarty)... I know that the FMS is ready to be stacked with other boxes.. It has an option for timing boxes in its own programing, even though it doesn't have timing.

4,000 RPM eh? What kind of turbo are you running or is it twins?

redline and smarty are great over 2800 with stock cam just talked to TST today and the have programming in there comp box now to go to about 4200 as far as redline verses tst comp I think the comp is alot better all the way up and smoother tst on 3 is like redline on 60% so my tst will be going back to be reprogammed for more rpm's

Not a fan of Marco end of story there.

If ya don't mind me asking, who is Marco??

You could use your Comp for timing only ( untapped ) and the Redline for fueling. Works really well

Don M said:
You could use your Comp for timing only ( untapped ) and the Redline for fueling. Works really well

Ssssshake and Bake!$.02

I like that idea other than dropping another what $1500 for the Redline. What happens with these big singles in regards to drive pressure and wheel speed when you fuel on past 2800 on up in the 3400-3500 range? I'm kinda discounting nitrous because I don't want to mess with plumbing a big external wastegate and be worring about over speeding and popping turbos.

I used a redline with the HOT juice like don said and it was a good setup but i wasnt inpressed with the stack and sold the ATT even had a smarty @ the same time but it just didnt work out ,to many irons in the fire , If this TST works out with the new prog I'm ditching the Redline .....For what its worth i would plum a gate just plum it to the side of the housing and vent to atmosphere , BTW what size turbo 2.8 ????

Last edited:
I'm not excited about having to spring for 2 boxes. Would be nice if there was a box out there that provided both fueling and timing like the Comp... just more. Don't the fueling only boxes seem sluggish without any extra timing? Turbos is a 64/14