Fummins Gurus ?

Dieselboy

Smoke dont mean its broke
I just toasted my 7.3.....
So I am looking into swapping a 12V most likely maybe a CR...........None the less
Other than a trans adapter plate and motor mounts, what else do I need ?
What do I do to run my accessories AC/PS/Brake boost and so on ?
How do I make the 12V run with my auto ?
What do I do for my gauges and starter motor..... ?
What has to be clearanced ?
What do I use, the Ford rad and IC or the Dodge rad and IC ?

Use all the dodge accesories..alternator, p/s pump, a/c compressor.
Call destroked and order a bellhousing adapter and flywheel.
Call PCS and order a trans controller.
Reuse Ford Radiator and intercooler, power up fuel solenoid off of idm relay and starter "s" terminal.

Dieselboy said:
I just toasted my 7.3.....
So I am looking into swapping a 12V most likely maybe a CR...........None the less
Other than a trans adapter plate and motor mounts, what else do I need ?
What do I do to run my accessories AC/PS/Brake boost and so on ?
How do I make the 12V run with my auto ?
What do I do for my gauges and starter motor..... ?
What has to be clearanced ?
What do I use, the Ford rad and IC or the Dodge rad and IC ?

Give Auto world a call (406-727-8915)They make accessory brackets to put your ford or a dodge alt and a/c . The transmission crossmember needs to be clearanced . I used all my ford sensors and trimed down the main engine harness plug to only the needed wires . I also got the PCS trans controller from Auto world along with the 6.0L starter that works with the Destroked adapter plate and flexplate.
I kept the ford Rad, IC, ALT, I switched to a dodge a/c because I like how it mounted out of sight in the factory spot had a local shop make new a/c line combining the dodge and ford . The powersteering and brakes are run off the dodge powersteering pump . Just my .02 hope that helps PM any questions I have pics if they would help.....

Call Bean and BDP, he actually does alot of these conversions in house and would know exactly what you would need. And he carries everything. If there are any shortcuts he would know. Just my $.02

Wiring Q's give me a shout as Blown84 and myself have pretty much the same setup and years and are about 1-1/2 hrs apart.

Ok guys thanks alot..........Ive been looking in to the swap and it might be a bit hard on the wallet, I found a great deal on a PSD with FORGED rods, but we will see..........The problem is the place to do the swap, my dads a diesel mech so I have the help and the tools.........The money would be worth it in the long run but dont have a shop...........So Im gonna look into it,
Thanks again for all the info.

It took me about 100 hrs and that included building the motor from a block up. Not really that hard and they go faster once you know what parts are needed and you don't have to think about "what if I do this".....