Funnycar Pics & Update

John won't be spraying enough CO2 to worry about. Interesting thought though.

O2

Since you will be spraying CO2 over the intercooler for the cooling effect, how do you plan to keep the driver from being overcome with CO2 by the end of the run?

Does anyone make race helmets with oxygen masks incorporated in them?

Hypoxia is nothing to play around with. Anyone who has ever experienced altitude chamber training (including myself) knows this. It only takes mere seconds (ironicly the length of time for this car to make one pass) for the brain to be starved of oxygen to result in permanent damage!!! :badidea: Does not matter if your breathing that CO2 supply directly or indirectly.

Think of it this way... though this car may not have a closed cabin, that gas combined with other fumes can collect within the shell of the body around the cock-pit with little to no way of escaping; Leaving you the driver with not many options should a bad situation arise.

I dont know what the pro's like John Force and the rest use.......

Racing IS by nature, dangerous. Please consider these words carefully and dont stack the odds against yourself. If this were my car and my life on the line... I would install and use some type of full-face, 100% oxygen source while making passes with the CO2 in operation.

$.02 $.02

I sat in the car the other night....with the body down and once the "floor pan" and related sheet metal is in place...it's pretty enclosed.
And FYI....funny cars are not built for people that are 6'7" and 250+ LOL

It wont be a problem, the radiator is right below the intercooler & it is blowing right on the ground, We messed with the timing some more & got it to spool a little, we have alot looser converter on the way. tranny is shifting right & we are ready to test tomorrow, going to an airport to play with it and get a feel for it. Richard is right, he dont fit too good. Had a good time though.

Last edited:
Got 3 slow shake down passes done yesterday,it goes straight & true with no handleing issues, we got a looser converter on the way but found the biggest problem with the spoolup was our blowoff valve, we had it plumbed wrong & it was opening under boost.

I sat in the car the other night....with the body down and once the "floor pan" and related sheet metal is in place...it's pretty enclosed.
And FYI....funny cars are not built for people that are 6'7" and 250+ LOL

Yeah you know you are too big for the car when you lean forward to check somethin out and a gust of wind comes by and slams the escape hatch down on your head lol

John, If you really need somebody do drive that funny thing:hehe: I will. I am lighter,cooler,faster. And I have been a huge fan:cheer: of drag racing till Dale was taken from from us :tree: . HELL i even have experience, i have driven a go-cart.........bout the same right!!!!

Sleepy

I'm am just as round as John is, just a a mini me size. I'll drive don't worry about it.

With help from the good men at industrial injection we are up & running for this up coming weekend. Thanks Brady for the help. This car is ready to rip. Wastegate is on, nitrous is ready. We got the trans fixed, we pulled the oil pan & checked the bearings, they looked perfect. We also got the cryo up & running. We are hopeing to see some 8 second runs this weekend. We think we are ready.

There's also a 2nd side for that story. If an engine fire develops he can spray the c02 and hopefully keep it under control, or further helping his on-board extinguishers. Agree'd tho, keep it vented safely. I work around co2 all night, it will sneek up on you.

Car looks great
Curtis

John, Let me know how it all goes. Did the nitrous finally decide to stop being so dang picky about when it wants to work?