G-56 Short Throw Shifter

SlowCummin

No one is making one that I can find. BD Diesel claims that there is not enough interest in one currently. I say BS. Anyone else making a Shortthrow for the G-56.

I have searched high and low for a short shift kit for the G56 on my '05, and have not found anything yet. I always keep an eye out though in case someone does decide to start producing them...

Short-throw shifters are easier for the later G56s with 2-piece sticks... we looked into it last year, but there wasn't enough interest yet to come out with one.

We're getting an 6-speed '06 into the shop this weekend with 6th blown out, and the guy wants a custom short-throw... we'll likely have it available on the website next month.

Short-throws on a G56 are a good idea, since they're so easy to shift, but consider that the trannies don't shift as quickly with some of the aftermarket clutches.

Awesome keep us updated. I have seen plenty of people looking for it over at the CF.

I will take one before the DPC if I could have one. I need all the help I can get to help me place higher in the drags besides last lol.

I am very interested in a short throw shifter for the g56. I have looked everywhere. Keep us posted please.

We will do our best to bring one with us to TS next month!

What Ive heard is the mechanism of the G56 dosent lend itself to a short throw very well. Ive never had one apart though, just what ive heard

The G56's ball-detent shifter mechanism itself is great... initially, we will have bolt-on shift levers for the '06+ trucks, and 1-piece shifter/levers ('05) available made to order.

What is everyone's preferences as far as reach, angle, ROM, etc?

I its at a good location stock but would just like a shorter throw.

What is the expected price on the kit?

Yes - we didn't have time to turn out a production run of them at the shop AND get the thumper '05 ready for TS this week, but I'm bringing one for show & tell so we can take paid orders all weekend.

As usual, any parts purchased at an event we attend are discounted 10% (no shipping) from our website.

Our G56 short-throw shift lever is fabricated from 304SS with ~20% less travel than the OEM unit, is positioned ~2" closer to the driver, and features a tuned-mass style damper available in either a vibration reducing elastomer or a smooth-shifting weighted version.

The Gorilla56 shifter bolts on using the existing hardware and OEM shift knob, and soon we will be offering aftermarket knobs as well (both H-pattern balls and pistol grips).

Standard finish is satin stainless, with powder coating in your choice of color as an option.

I expect website pricing to be less than $150.00

It will be installed on a red '06 3500 for display.

Yes - we didn't have time to turn out a production run of them at the shop AND get the thumper '05 ready for TS this week, but I'm bringing one for show & tell so we can take paid orders all weekend.

As usual, any parts purchased at an event we attend are discounted 10% (no shipping) from our website.

Our G56 short-throw shift lever is fabricated from 304SS with ~20% less travel than the OEM unit, is positioned ~2" closer to the driver, and features a tuned-mass style damper available in either a vibration reducing elastomer or a smooth-shifting weighted version.

The Gorilla56 shifter bolts on using the existing hardware and OEM shift knob, and soon we will be offering aftermarket knobs as well (both H-pattern balls and pistol grips).

Standard finish is satin stainless, with powder coating in your choice of color as an option.

I expect website pricing to be less than $150.00

It will be installed on a red '06 3500 for display.

so when are theese going to be available? i could really use one!

Back