G-56 Short Throw Shifter

so if im reading this correctly. this is just a modified shifter? or is this a modified tower with the gates closer to one another?

Sorry for the delay guys - we've been ready to do a production run of them since TS, just been waiting to get an installed photo up on the website to make ordering convenient.

We have a dyno Friday & 1/8 Mile Saturday, so I can get some pix by the end of the week.

Shifter throw is reduced 20% both within and between the gates, and the knob is ~2" closer to the driver.

Installation is a few minutes if you've done it before, probably take 15 minutes to swap the first time.

well went to your web page and could not find it or any pics. :bang u have any pics up before and during and after the install?

OK, we found a truck at the drags yesterday to install the G-Ripper on (actually, he found us - thanks Fernando!:Cheer:)... it fit & shifted great.

Test truck was an '08 w/o BlueTec and w/ H&S Performance software.

No more rowing through the shift pattern - if you have to lift with the G-Ripper, time to slide over into the co-pilot's seat and let the little woman bang gears!

Pix & price up on the website today or tomorrow - production run of ~ 15pc. starting Tuesday.

... Yes, Fernando - you can have the 1st one! :hehe:

I think I'm confused. I was expecting to see something similar to THIS for the G-56, but on your page it appears like it's the upper half of the stick rather than the piece that goes in the trans. Is it a just a shorter stick that sits a little closer to the driver but bolts to the same shifter in the trans? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

How much is it going to cost to change my 05 over to this g ripper shifter, because I have the one piece?

Some folks like a weighted shifter to help smooth shifting; the G56 is already so easy to shift that it's not required, IMO.

The G56's ball-detent shifter base is well-designed and works great, so there's no point in improving it... however, the G-Ripper's gate spacing & throw reduction markedly improves shifting.

2005.5 trucks were the only ones that had the 1-pc. shifter; all others - including service replacements - are the 2pc. version that the short-throw shifter is designed to work with.

We can modify 1-pc. shifters to G-Ripper specs in the shop (same day service). IIRC the dealer wants close to $300 for the 2-pc. base.

Anyone receive their shifter yet?

I can not seem to get any replys from LasarSmith website email address.