G-56 Short Throw Shifter

Harvie?

I couldn't find any emails or orders with that name among the ones that came in over the weekend... :what:

paid 7/3, check cleared 7/10, told to expect delivery 7/17, nothing has arrived as of 7/17

Contacted you and notfied you nothing arrived. 2 weeks is plenty of time.

FedEx tracking number you supplied shows it left Dallas 7/16/09 via the FedEx Home delivery.

Check your carrier (FedEx) and see when they might get it here. FedEx shows a date of 7/18/09 SAT?

Received it and got it test fit.

Sent you another email through your website about the part and address for its return.

Let me know I will send it back Monday 7/20/09

did it not fit ? has anyone got there's installed and do they like it ?

He was hoping to get it to work with an aftermarket cupholder. :badidea:

Some folks like a weighted shifter to help smooth shifting; the G56 is already so easy to shift that it's not required, IMO.

The G56's ball-detent shifter base is well-designed and works great, so there's no point in improving it... however, the G-Ripper's gate spacing & throw reduction markedly improves shifting.

2005.5 trucks were the only ones that had the 1-pc. shifter; all others - including service replacements - are the 2pc. version that the short-throw shifter is designed to work with.

We can modify 1-pc. shifters to G-Ripper specs in the shop (same day service). IIRC the dealer wants close to $300 for the 2-pc. base.

Apparently I'm not smart enough to understand. How does it reduce the throw if the ball-detent shifter remains untouched? Is the stick shorter? I still don't quite get it.

Of course you are...
after all, you too have opposable thumbs & the ability to reason! :Cheer:

Your truck has a 2-pc. shifter (take a minute to pull the boot to see), so the G-Ripper replaces the upper half. Takes an extra couple minutes to swap out.

I have one it is shorter and i had mine weighted so it shifts nice and easy. I am going to have them bend it slightly different though it is a bad angle for me to reach for normal driving. It does make the shifts faster and to answer the question it is a shorter stick by 8- 12 inches i would say

This part is not a shorter throw, just a shorter, reconfigured shift stick.

The amount of movement is less because the shift ball is closer to the transmission, down on the shift lever, than the factory part.

Actually, it is a shorter throw - by 1" through the gates.

Actually, it is a shorter throw - by 1" through the gates.

How is it possible to change the transmission throw if just the lever is being shortened and bolted on above the transmision? The shifter throw would be less but there are no changes being made in the transmission.

Can you clear it up for a few of us with a diagram or explanation?

the further the stick is from where it has to move in the tranny the longer the throw will be so the stick is about 8 inches shorter so the throw is shorter. Think about using a cheater bar on a socket wrench when you are pulling on the end of the cheater you have to move it a lot further than if you were pulling on the handle of the socket to get the same amount of movement

Yes, it isn't rocket science!

Similiar to the NV short-throw shifters, changing the lever length can reduce shifter throw.

I know it reduces shifter throw but won't you have to lean over more if the shifter is lower down?

Not when the shift knob is a couple inches closer to you... different angle. :Cheer: