Gainesville August 9th Recap

NHRDA

Recapping the days events:

The first annual Diesel Site Gator Diesel Drags filled the staging lanes with a total of about 85 trucks in all. Unfortunately the weather shut us down before we could finish but we had some heated contests up to that point.

Philip Palmer added to his Division 4 points lead with his victory over Mickey Davis in Pro Street.

Matt Wells and Russell Hilton were in the lanes staring each other down for Super Street finals when the rains came. This would have been a coin toss as only about .2 stood between them all night. Who ever got caught at the light was going to be second place. Brian Luke had nitrous solenoid issues all night and still managed 3rd place with his 11.95.

Michael Young and David Simpkins were at the line for the PRO1 finals when the Mother Nature called for a time out. This was to be another down to the wire race as both drivers were real close on every pass. Frank Hill suffered a tough break, ran a 12.43 on a 12.40 dial. He gets that reaction honed and he will be a tough to beat. Michael Young gets the longest drive award. He drove down from South Carolina to beat up on some FL Boys.

PRO 2, I don’t know were to start. This had to be the hardest fought class of the night. Kurt Lincoln had the honors of a 1st round Elimination bye with his .000 reaction in qualifying. Had it done that 2 rounds later it would have been $500.00 in his pocket. Unfortunately the rain stranded 4 drivers in PRO2 , John Fodera, Neildem Roundy-Miller, Michael Cambron, and Clinton Roberts. These guys wanted to race, few of them were even willing to do it on foot if need be.

Darren Morrison brought the little S10, but the truck didn’t want to play, no matter what he did the truck would just not come up on boost. He did however give us a few very cool “John Force” style burnouts.

The NHRDA would like to thank all of the sponsors that made the Gator Diesel Drags a huge success. Diesel Site, SCT, Turbo Diesel Electric, Silverline Exhaust, and Suncoast Converters along with our National Sponsors MBRP, HPC, NADP, BD and AFE. We can’t do it without them!

The NHRDA would also like to thank everyone that supported this event with out great members and competitors there would not be a NHRDA. Gainesville Raceway is one of the most prestigious tracks in the country and after our showing they were very impressed and said they cant wait for us to come back and show Florida what diesel performance can do.

Well it is time to start preparing for October and the Southeast Truck Nationals at Moroso Motorsports Park where we will be crowning our Division 4 Champions. Again thanks and see you at the track.

PRO 2, I don’t know were to start. This had to be the hardest fought class of the night. Kurt Lincoln had the honors of a 1st round Elimination bye with his .000 reaction in qualifying. Had it done that 2 rounds later it would have been $500.00 in his pocket. Unfortunately the rain stranded 4 drivers in PRO2 , John Fodera, Neildem Roundy-Miller, Michael Cambron, and Clinton Roberts. These guys wanted to race, few of them were even willing to do it on foot if need be.

I think I could have won first place if we did a foot race to the 300' mark!:bang

i dont know about that mike i think i would have taken ya but i guess well never know. lol

gladyou guys had a good turnout ,and i hate that bad weather cut the fun short...

for those of you that ran let me know what you were running and ill see if i have a video of you. Just pm me with what you were driving and ill write you back and let you know.

I just sent over a bunch of photos to our webmaster for upload.

Now I start editing the 60 videos ........

Thank you again to everyone!

I had a great time. Wish it was more of a turnout with the heavy hitters. But still was great to see so much black smoke. That S10 is something seriouse, cant wait to see it make a pass. Cant wait to make some more passes with everyone, once i get the bugs worked out of the ol 7.3. Love to see some pictures and videos. Any idea when and where those are gonna show up?

PRO 2, I don’t know were to start. This had to be the hardest fought class of the night. Kurt Lincoln had the honors of a 1st round Elimination bye with his .000 reaction in qualifying. Had it done that 2 rounds later it would have been $500.00 in his pocket.
:rockwoot:but i got a hat:woohoo:

I too had a great time. It would be nice if more heavy hitters showed up. Love watching those boys haul-a$$ in Alabama. Cant wait for the Moroso event.....

sweet pics...i noticed one thing...my truck is ugly as hell with the little tires :(

If anyone sees a pic that they would like the high res version of, let me know and I will try to get it for them. I would ask that you email me with the pic number so I can respond to the email with the photo.

You did a great job. Thanks for helping out.:Cheer:

Thanks I dont mind helping out I had fun .... I wouldnt mind doing it again.. I learned how much hard work goes into putting one of these things on... I know chris worked his ass off to put this on.. :rockwoot: