Game on

Some whistles are in it...some aren't on yet and some won't go on till it's in the truck.

UNBROKEN said:
Some whistles are in it...some aren't on yet and some won't go on till it's in the truck.

Tell Joe to get on the stick. We wanna see it run in two weeks.....:poke: :pop: lol

RacinDuallie said:
Atleast he didnt paint it Chevy orange.......:bang
Hmm..... I have a pound of Chevy Hugger orange powder coat... :evil

you guys know that in the 80's the chevy engines were painted that color blue cause that the color that my 305 in my 83 camaro is painted.
hey rich since you going at it why don't you install a over drive unit in place of the transfer case that will give you better highway cruzin and better fuel mileage plus more speed on the track.

SKYNYRD said:
you guys know that in the 80's the chevy engines were painted that color blue cause that the color that my 305 in my 83 camaro is painted.
hey rich since you going at it why don't you install a over drive unit in place of the transfer case that will give you better highway cruzin and better fuel mileage plus more speed on the track.

Can the OD handle that kind of power?

UNBROKEN said:

By whistles.. I meant turbos!!! Sorry figured everyone knew that nickname...

SKYNYRD said:
yeah gear vendors says that their over drive units can hold up to that HP. they use the overdrive units in dragsters.
http://www.gearvendors.com/index.html

In a drag car I can see it...but not in a heavy truck. US GEAR makes something that's probably stronger than anything in the drive-line. And yes, switching from High to low does take time.

i know some people dont like him, but isnt greg hogue putting some serious cummins power thru a gear vendors for his 160+ mph runs on the texas mile, and 11 second slips at the track?

thats not ford blue...looks like cummins blue to me

I do believe he is. GV's are not bad units. GV's will move faster (hi-lo swap) but US Gear will hold more HP/TQ.

Rich, I can't wait to see your truck in action! it is going to turn a-lot of heads!!

Burner said:
I do believe he is. GV's are not bad units. GV's will move faster (hi-lo swap) but US Gear will hold more HP/TQ.

the choice of what brand would be up to rich i was just merely suggesting an over drive unit since it seems like rich is going to you the dodge 48re. GC is just one of the many brands out there that make overdrive units.

Are using the stick Ford alternator......I understand there is a voltage issue when using the Dodge alternator