Gave the chargers some more air today

UNBROKEN

Ezekiel 25:17
Got bored and built a new intake. The old one was 4" to the primary with a much smaller AFe filter. This is the biggest AFe Pro Guard 7 filter I could cram in the space I have with a 5" opening, 5" pipe all the way to the primary. Turbo whistle is noticibly louder...which is a bad thing in my quest to quiten the damned thing down. LOL
Oh well...no shortage of air now anyway.
45183_1392282126754_1223174939_30878174_7644416_n.jpg

Kills hot water through the heater core in summer...AC blows about 20* cooler.
The truck came with a vacuum operated valve stock but it wasn't used in the conversion. I never thought about it but John Robinson turned me on to that idea up at his shop one day and it works awesome.

Kills hot water through the heater core in summer...AC blows about 20* cooler.
The truck came with a vacuum operated valve stock but it wasn't used in the conversion. I never thought about it but John Robinson turned me on to that idea up at his shop one day and it works awesome.

Tried to PM you to keep from buggering up your thread, but your PM box is full! :poke:

So it won't hurt anything to put a 1/4 turn valve on the inlet side of the heater core and just shut it off during the Summer? Or is it more elaborate than that? Hard to tell with the mass of hoses and the large brass block there.

Tried to PM you to keep from buggering up your thread, but your PM box is full! :poke:

So it won't hurt anything to put a 1/4 turn valve on the inlet side of the heater core and just shut it off during the Summer? Or is it more elaborate than that? Hard to tell with the mass of hoses and the large brass block there.

That's all it does...shuts off the flow. Nothing special...got all the parts from a hardware store. I can't remember what all that other stuff is...it has a purpose I'm sure. LOL

what's that filter part number?

I've been searching summit/jegs and that doesnt look familiar

shooting in the dark here - is that a 5" Flange, 9" base/7" top, 14" long?

PN 75-11022
It's a replacement filter for a Stage 2 7.3 Powerstroke kit

It's about 7 1/2" at the top and a bit over 12" long, 5" flange
I couldn't fit anything bigger or I would have.

Considering that the old filter was sucking down a bit after I upgraded the primary...it was time to get something bigger in there.

Last edited:
were you able to use any of the dodge plumbing for your twins or not.. im doing a y2k ford and putting my 12 valve in it but doing twins and already bought the twin piping for my dodge before it got wrecked so am wondering if it will work.. thanks for any insight
adam

Cool. Sorry for going off topic again but how do you like those style intercooler boots and clamps?

45,000+ miles...never had a boot blow out or separate.
I like em...

Back