Getting ready for 4K rpm

Ive got the springs and push rods to do it. But was wondering if there is anything else i need to take into consideration before cranking er up there.
Is the stock bottom end good to go with this (reliably)? Thanks for the input.

I have the 4000rpm tune smarty on 9, TST on 2 most of the time, 110 springs and billet rods, stock bottom. The RPM isnt for power its for speed if you have the power. Good for both pulling and 1/4 mile. Heres a pull.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6CvuRufz80

I'd agree the 4k rpm is more for getn that extra speed for both lulling and drag racing. Most of the trucks we go against have a factory 4500rpm redline. I've been on the interstate in 6th gear when a D-max blew past me b/c I was stuck at 3200rpms. Havin that extra 800rpms wouldve helps. It will be a little bit before I get that stuff ready to install. Running a big single like an S475 would help as well.

Good for you.. It's extra protection. Going at it without a condom... Doesn't mean it's a good idea just because you haven't caught the "ahhh! razor blades" yet.

So please tell me why would you need water injection? When 1st thing it's not even allowed in the 2.6 class and 3.0 trucks turning 5500rpm don't use it but its necessary for 4000 in a CR?

Glad you haven't had any problems turning higher revs.. I think that Marco made some good points on this a while back in a melt down thread.. Referring to the top of the pistons and the weaker area around the bowl. The more rpm, the less time for a piston to cool even just a little. I'm sure if the right fueling and turbo combination was struck, this would not as much of a problem even a cam would help too.. but, the cooling of water can't be a bad thing. I could give a chit about it not being allowed in certain classes, nobody was asking about that anyway. I am in no way an expert on any type of diesel engine, but it just makes good sense to have additional measures to cool the air charge that would ultimately determine heat on a piston.

Cam would help and I do have a cam. I really don't think water injection is necessary i think most meltdowns occur from in proper tuning. You can go back and look at Wesley Wade's thread when he torn his motor down and it looked really good for as many hooks as he had. Me personally I wouldn't wanna turn 4000 Rpm's on a stock cam either. I would address that issue rather then throwing water at it.

I've made some dyno runs with/without a pressure box, and the pressure box will help carry power farther out.

TST will do the same as long as you have the fuel behind it.

I dynoed 917hp on a single 57mm turbo peak hp was at 1900rpms so I don't think there's a reason for 4K rpm tune:hehe:

917....on 57mm turbo? did i miss something?

yeah the big pile of BS he wants us to step in... Even if you did make 917 I think we have stated about 6 times in this thread alone the RPM's are for mostly the pullers and dedicated racers.

I had to make this thread a little more lively...I was falling asleep waitn on responces. lol

Lively? I think you killed it.

I dout it...on average a topic will run 3 days max on a single asked topic. I think his question was answered on the 1st page but I was wondering how many folks use 4k rpms on a daily basis? I don't have springs, studs, pushrods, or a cam installed yet. What pin kit is recommended on the Fluidampr?

I don't think anyone uses 4k on a daily basis. I did find out though that even with the rev limiter turned ON the Smarty will still let the truck rev all the way to 4000rpms. I like to check the valve lash as often as I can as well. It's probably overkill but never hurts to be careful.

how much can the 01 dodge bottom ends handle? im wanting to put a 5k gsk in my pump and would like to turn at least 4500 rpms. will a dampner be good?

right now i've got 4k springs in it. will the stock dampner be enough for that? i have to get some valve springs and pushrods yet, but do i need a bigger dampner to turn 4k?

I went thru two stock dampner's within 50k of eachother reving to 3400. They are POS's in my opinion. There are some locals around here with 5k on stock bottoms. One even had the stock dampner. That is asking for trouble in my mind though.

I went thru two stock dampner's within 50k of eachother reving to 3400. They are POS's in my opinion. There are some locals around here with 5k on stock bottoms. One even had the stock dampner. That is asking for trouble in my mind though.

You rev to 3400 between traffic lights though. EVERY time you drive the truck! I've never heard the engine gradually come up to speed.

Back