Gooseneck Hitches

B&W over the years Dad had two Mom had one and I still have the two in my trucks i installed all of them best out there

Not that I'll defend the rail systems, but how many bolts are supposed to be in each end. I only see on head left, were there originally two or four on that end?

You won't catch me hauling trailers with one with my kids in the back seat.

Mine had two bolts in each corner. You can kind of make out the area in house's picture where the second bolt used to reside.

i got a used b&w sitting on the shop floor fits 94-02 took it off when i put flatbed on still woorks good pm if interested

Just have to make sure to flip it often if you leave it in there to long it will freeze in the bed. Like mine is frozen up now Don't know how I'm going to get r turned now with out a torch

Just have to make sure to flip it often if you leave it in there to long it will freeze in the bed. Like mine is frozen up now Don't know how I'm going to get r turned now with out a torch

Tall tree and a come-a-long. :D

A BFH and determination will get it back out. I have left mine in for 6+ months without any problems, but if you have a lot of dirt and debris in your bed it will get stuck quite a bit faster.

Not that I'll defend the rail systems, but how many bolts are supposed to be in each end. I only see on head left, were there originally two or four on that end?

You won't catch me hauling trailers with one with my kids in the back seat.

The way they install is dependent on how high the installer is at the time. I have see them with grade 3 carriage bolts drilled thought the frame with no sleeve.

I am a firm believer that the rail system needs to be outlawed.

I had to look that up to see, but for everyone else here is the picture from that thread:
40589_637901693313_58208478_35609500_6558570_n.jpg

And later in the thread there are pictures of a wrecked truck with a B&W. I'm not sure if inserting the pictures are going to work so I'll lnk the post too: click here
attachment.php

attachment.php
Thats my cousins truck and thats all they have ever had in there trucks in B&W with no problem hauling cattle or tractors and i had one in my truck never would get anything else

That show's how strong a B&W is that's what I have in my truck. Can't go wrong with a B&W.

B&W all day. Thats what my dodge had in it for 5 years and had a 20k load on it at least 3 days a week, I never had a problem. My Ford has the rail type in it and it is complete junk. There is alot of slack in it and the pins are always getting knocked out so you have to check everytime you hook up. There will be a B&W in it in the very near future.

I have a Draw Tite "remove-a-ball", the reese rails, and a B&W in my TopKick.

The Draw Tite serves its purpose, but is not used that often because it is a 6 liter gas plow truck. Why use it when there's 2 or 3 diesels there at all times.

The rail system has been in my last 2 duramaxes. It has done me well, and hauled large loads from Michigan to Florida and Jackson Hole, but I noticed this year it was getting sloppy.

I love the B&W in my TopKick, and am considering one for my new 6.7 Superduty I got last week. I will say that it took a torch to get the ball out of the bed when I bought the Topkick last year because the previous owner had never used it in 4 years.

When i had the hitch in my 01 when i wasn't using it i would take it out in put it in my tool box so didn't have to worry about it getting stuck in.

I have a B&W With Companion 5th Wheel Hitch on my truck. I Absolutley love it.

I Plan on making a Stripper Pole Acsessory (<-sp*) for it, Try Doing that with a plate below the bed...

I've installed Rails for 5th wheel hitches before. personally, I don't see the rails themselves being a problem...... It's install that's the issue. Referencing that picture where the gooseneck plate peeled the rails up, just think how much worse it would have been with a 5th wheel hitch where the torque is 2 feet above the rails? And they make pretty heavy 5th wheels (26k)...

That being said, B&W is definitely the way to go IMHO. Or like me, 4" super extra heavy channel welded into the framework of my flatbed.... With the ball bolted AND welded in. LOL

But as a side note, I have your typical 5/8 inch plate gooseneck hitch in my Chevy.... It'll peel the frame apart before the hitch itself will fail.