Gooseneck neck decks

Double J

I'm trying to get some ideas on gooseneck neck decks (or whatever you call them) and I like to see what some of yours look like.

Here's an example of what I'm looking to do to mine, but I'd like to add a little more to it that just a plain old deck.

68186-original.jpg

A what? A gooseneck neck deck? :hehe: I tried to read that three time and laughed.

I'd be cool to build a duplicate deck that lays on top and then folds all the way over to be a ramp to load ATV's on top. Then you can post it up on both sides and drive other stuff underneath it. Might not be feasible since an ATV ramp is about $150 or so, but and idea none the less.

Just send me that trailer and I'll use it for a couple years and I'll tell you what I think. :D

be carefull not to smash your bed in, my buddys truck didnt like his gooseneck deck lol

Post a picture of YOUR gooseneck, and we will see if we can build you a "gooseneck neck deck."

I would say the real question is what are your intentions with it?

A what? A gooseneck neck deck? :hehe: I tried to read that three time and laughed.
Yeah, I didn't know what to call the damn thing. :hehe:

I would say the real question is what are your intentions with it?

It'll mainly be used as a seating platform at events, but may see some limited carrying duties as well.

be carefull not to smash your bed in, my buddys truck didn't like his gooseneck deck lol

How far over did his GN deck extend over the hitch point?

Here's few more, but I was hoping to get a closer look at what was being used as the frame.

50-1M.jpg

0021lp.jpg

Depending on what you want to put on it just use some 6" C channel with 2x2x3/16 angle for the board supports. Just an idea.

I'd be cool to build a duplicate deck that lays on top and then folds all the way over to be a ramp to load ATV's on top. Then you can post it up on both sides and drive other stuff underneath it. Might not be feasible since an ATV ramp is about $150 or so, but and idea none the less.

Just send me that trailer and I'll use it for a couple years and I'll tell you what I think. :D

Pretty slick idea.

The borrowing idea is cool too.

i would build rails on both sides of it...

you could store stuff up there and it could be a safe party deck..

I was thinking about that earlier, but it would be nice if the railing was removable, which wouldn't be hard to do. It would be tough to see over/through that railing if you were sitting in a lawn chair.

I was thinking about that earlier, but it would be nice if the railing was removable, which wouldn't be hard to do. It would be tough to see over/through that railing if you were sitting in a lawn chair.

We think along the same lines :evil My neighbor and I were taking a good look at it yesterday and figuring out what kind and how much steel and wood we'd need. Some sort of removable or retractable railing will be used.

Just weld stake pockets around it. Then build a tube railing that slides down into it. Then you could just pull them off and hang them on the back side of the neck where it comes up from the lower deck. You can buy weld on stake pockets and weld a piece of flat strap all aound it on the outside of them. This provides that you can strap things down anywhere around the perimeter.

Trailer Stake Pocket 45004G | Trailer Stake Pockets | Northern Tool + Equipment

125504_lg.jpg

I want to build one for mine also, that way i can throw an extra set of tires up there, or a generator/compressor etc. Plus we can haul another 4 wheeler or two up there.

This one? :D Did you build it or did the trailer come equipped like that?
IMG_2257.jpg

Yep, thats the one. I was trying to find a picture from that same trip.. The one with a dually box up on the platform.

I ordered the trailer and they built it with the deck on it.

Just weld stake pockets around it. Then build a tube railing that slides down into it. Then you could just pull them off and hang them on the back side of the neck where it comes up from the lower deck. You can buy weld on stake pockets and weld a piece of flat strap all aound it on the outside of them. This provides that you can strap things down anywhere around the perimeter.

Trailer Stake Pocket 45004G | Trailer Stake Pockets | Northern Tool + Equipment

125504_lg.jpg

that would be perfect then drill o hole in it so you can put a bolt throught the [pocket and the railing so you dont have to worry about the rails pulling out going down the road!

Weld a nut over the hole and then put a bolt in it to "wedge" it. Then weld a washer on the nut below the head. Put a small chain with a loop bewteen the head and the washer...secure to pocket. Then put a bar on top of the bolt. You would have a "toolless" securing device that is tethered so you wouldn't loose them if they came out. :D