Gooseneck neck decks

I think 4" C-channel would be more than enough for the main structure with 2" angle iron as gussets.

x2 on the stake pockets

You could make a single wide ramp that is suspended undernieth the deck that you just pull out to use and slide back up when not needed.

Here's some progress pics of the neck platform we started today. I still need to paint the frame, add some tie downs, screw down the boards and then stain it. Dieseldork did virtually all of the technical work. I was mainly used as a human C-clamp and pulled some occasional grinder duties. :D So far this project has set me back $350 and probably around $425 when it's all done--not bad if you ask me.

These pics were taken from my Driod Incredible.

2ab31679.jpg

7b8065b3.jpg

ea32ce4e.jpg

1c645aeb.jpg

aea90c9c.jpg

90b267c2.jpg

b88e53e0.jpg

106a15c6.jpg

4fa1eee8.jpg

180841b2.jpg

Looks awesome man. Thats a pretty good idea, theres alot of stuff that you could do with that. Basically gives you another few feet of free deck space along with what you wanted it for. Very nice.

It'll mainly be used as a seating platform and may see some limited loads from time to time. I'm trying to come up with a light weight railing system now that's either removable or retractable.

The shop is Diseldorks and yes, it's a very nice shop. I have what you call a "normal" average Joe shop. His shop is equipped to build friggen tanks.

It'll mainly be used as a seating platform and may see some limited loads from time to time. I'm trying to come up with a light weight railing system now that's either removable or retractable.

The shop is Diseldorks and yes, it's a very nice shop. I have what you call a "normal" average Joe shop. His shop is equipped to build friggen tanks.

Yes, he has everything in there. I love that place.

Only thing I would have done different is chamfer the front corners so if you need to jack-knife the trailer, you don't crush your cab. Maybe it will clear...I hope so. I just priced a new Road Boss with an upper deck. WOW! $11,995. If I can sell my Harley, I'll probably get one.

We made the platform 8'W X 7.5'L and that left the trailer just short of 90 degrees---the trailer sitting directly over the dually fenders before just clipping the 7" miters. I've never had the need to cut it that close and if I ever did, it would just nick the stacks and not the cab. I'll get more pics up when it's completely done.

I thought it was "crateeks" ? :hehe:

I need some more ideas for a railing system! This is not too bad, but I'd want three sides and something that's easliy removable or collapsible.

68186-original.jpg

I broke the links above so here's the pics again. I hate not having edit rights for my own posts. :bang

2ab31679.jpg

7b8065b3.jpg

ea32ce4e.jpg

1c645aeb.jpg

aea90c9c.jpg

4fa1eee8.jpg

106a15c6.jpg

180841b2.jpg

WTF no powder coat? I didn't think Mitch knew paint came in any other form!:hehe::kick:

Maybe you should think of adding stake pockets. You can use as the base for your removable rails.

you could weld some 1.5" id pipe with a single hole drilled through each and build the sides rails out of 1.5" od pipe and use pins to hold them in place so there easily and quickly removed...

WTF no powder coat? I didn't think Mitch knew paint came in any other form!:hehe::kick:

Yeah...he looked a little disgusted when I pulled out two pints of Rust-oleum. :Throwup:LOL

I finished it up last night, minus the railing setup. I'm kind of liking the ID/OD pipe idea. The stakes and some 2X4s would certainly work, but I think the pipe would look a little better.