Gooseneck neck decks

Here's the neck deck on the trailer I just quoted.

topdeck4.JPG

topdeck1.JPG

And the unique dove tail that I absolutely love.

popupdove1.JPG

popupdove3.JPG

Good god Jory...you man enough to hoss them ramps??

Chris

With two or three springs on each one....yes. I just like the fact that there ain't no moving them side to side. Flop dem bishes down and drive a tractor or a four-wheeler on. Sweetness.

That looks awesome. nice work man. you could use pipe and hitch pins to hold them in place.

I still say, drill a hole in the stake pocket from the outside. Weld a nut over the hole. Then use a bolt through the nut to secure the railing in the stake pocket. This will keep it from rattling and moving either in use or down the road. It did this to my 2 inch receiver hitch on my truck. It took out all the slop.

think we could park my truck on there?
Get some ramps and we'll put at least the front up there. :evil My wife suggested that we cut a hole in the center for a patio umbrella. :doh:

I ordered six 1"X4" 12-diode corner LEDs and reflective tape for it yesterday. We also added two stabilizer jacks. My Big Tex model only came with a center jack and adding two stabilizer jacks on the front outer corners made the platform rock solid. The stabilizers can be lowered while the trailer is pinned to the truck or free standing.

Get some ramps and we'll put at least the front up there. :evil My wife suggested that we cut a hole in the center for a patio umbrella. :doh:

:hehe: I love it when the wives come out of the kitchen and inspect our work.

The stabilizers can be lowered while the trailer is pinned to the truck or free standing.

Great idea. I won't buy another trailer without dual jacks. You'll want them down even on the truck if you have multiple folks up top. I also like set on the rear for loading heavy crap.

:hehe: I love it when the wives come out of the kitchen and inspect our work.

Great idea. I won't buy another trailer without dual jacks. You'll want them down even on the truck if you have multiple folks up top. I also like set on the rear for loading heavy crap.

Get a trailer with stands on the bottom of the ramps...problem solved automatically...unless you like jacking all the time...

Chris

I ordered six 1"X4" 12-diode corner LEDs and reflective tape for it yesterday. We also added two stabilizer jacks. My Big Tex model only came with a center jack and adding two stabilizer jacks on the front outer corners made the platform rock solid. The stabilizers can be lowered while the trailer is pinned to the truck or free standing.

I like your wifes idea of cutting a hole but I don't thinks she's going to like what I want to use it for ---do I hear stripper pole !!!!

Dude....what did you just say? :poke::hehe:

:drool1:

What? Something wrong?

I merely asked whether you liked having to go to the back of your trailer and crank a jack down every time you load something. All that jacking would be hard on your arms...

Chris

I ordered six 1"X4" 12-diode corner LEDs and reflective tape for it yesterday.
Those should come in nicely for lighting up the back of the cab right before the deck smashes it.:doh:

I like your wifes idea of cutting a hole but I don't thinks she's going to like what I want to use it for ---do I hear stripper pole !!!!
From my limited experience the girls that tend to want to be on a stripper pole.......... in public.........at a diesel truck event.........are almost always the girls you DON'T want to see on a stripper pole. BUT if you choose to go this route your gonna want a good heavy wall pipe because when Joel has a big 225# "hottie" swigging on there your gonna hope the pole holds up. I could be wrong but I've never seen Megan Fox on a stripper pole at a diesel truck event.:hehe: But I have seen girls like this!

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKnQ3qTp7TM[/MEDIA]

Those should come in nicely for lighting up the back of the cab right before the deck smashes it.:doh:

Yeah, cause I want to clearly see what I'm about to F-up. :hehe:. Seriously though, if I ever have to crank it that hard I'm in a spot I shouldn't be in the first place.

The deck was put to good use at the races last night. My wife, her sister and a few kids had the lawn chairs out on it and had the best seats in the house. To my surprise, not one kid was thrown from the deck all night! :hehe:

The only neck decks ive seen is used for hauling hay. No rail around it either, just set a round bale on top and a strap over it and itll ride. Those are made out of chanel iron, framed out. Then throw some wood on it and roll.

If youre not going to haul anything it doesnt need to be that beefed up. you could use c pearling to build the frame and then 2 x 6's. and that would be PLENTY stout to have folks up there or even haul a 4 wheeler on it.

Last week, for the first time, I regretted having the deck over the gooseneck.

My 08 lost and injector and my buddy came up with his truck to let me tow it back to the shop.. His truck is a short bed.. We could not turn very sharp, it was nerve wracking.

Last week, for the first time, I regretted having the deck over the gooseneck.

My 08 lost and injector and my buddy came up with his truck to let me tow it back to the shop.. His truck is a short bed.. We could not turn very sharp, it was nerve wracking.

That is why I have an Extend A Goose from B&W on my trailer.