got a problem need suggestions

Smkblwr

Tired
Hello. I have a 96 12valve in a self contained generator. we lost power here a couple of weeks ago so I cranked the ol girl up. Started fine, switch over the poultry houses and hung around for a few to make sure all was well. Went back a couple hours later and the generator had shut down due to high temp. let it cool completely down and checked the rad, looking in the top all i could see was a tar like material on the core of the rad, checked the oil and it was fine still looked new from its yearly service and still where it was when i filled it. then dad knocked out a freeze plug and the material it inside the block. We use the generator about 4 or 5 times a yrs and have had it for about 10 yrs, it gets a complete service 1once a yr. So has anybody ever heared of this happening, None of the shops around here have ever seen this before or know what or where it could have come from. one shop said that they could probley get the stuff out of the rad for about $300 if not they would sell us a new one. We have tried some pretty heavy duty solvents and cleaners on the rad but the strongest thing we used" it will eat paint off tractor if you leave it on for an hour without cutting it with water, ask my uncle about that hahahaha" just ran off this stuff and didnt cut it. so just wondering if anyone has run into something like this.
thanks Smkblwr

Did the oil cooler on the passenger side of the block spring a leak allowing engine oil to leak from the oil cooler into the engine coolant?

Big Blue24, not that i am aware of, oil level hasnt gone down, heck this one doesnt even leak oil, wish i could say that about my 24v. and this stuff is thicker than oil kinda like a goo that is sticky. i will checkthe oil cooler but guess we are gonna have to pull it and tear is down to get all this stuff out. if i find out where it came from i will post it. thank Smkblwr

Back