Guess what.. I have no CAT and an EGR Block Off

1SickHarley

Torque Monger
Sorry guys... just wanted to be able to say that on a diesel webiste without getting edited. Haven't been on here in awhile. REALLY missed this place. :Cheer: :rockwoot:

Last edited by a moderator:
What's up bro. I'm on one week involuntary hiatus from "said" place.(along with Bigrpowr) lol

anyway, good to see you over here.

Are you for real?!?!?! What a joke. You missed a ridiculous ordeal there today. I haven't been on here in so long..... are we allowed to trash other websites?

1SickHarley said:
Are you for real?!?!?! What a joke. You missed a ridiculous ordeal there today. I haven't been on here in so long..... are we allowed to trash other websites?

you can PM me the details. lol.

I was pretty much DONE over there anyway. Comp D is where I have been spending most of my time lately.

Thanks for the post GREGROB. I don't wanna break anymore rules.... PT, pm being written.

I edited out the other site name...but please read the link Gregrob put up.
As for the other stuff...have at it.
Personally...I think everyone should delete their whole EGR system and throw their cat away on day one.

Gotcha.... thanks. I'll remember the rules in a few days of being BACK on here. Well.... on a good note, my truck is running just as sweet as could be with my new motor.

I hope mine does. LOL
I got a motor lined out this week...to be fully modded before it even hits the truck.
I wonder what 1000 HP and over 2000 ftlbs of tq feels like on the street ?
I know it's gonna be fun finding out. :evil:

What and how did you get. Just wondering what went wrong with it.

Well, after 72K on it being tuned, my headgaskets FINALLY let go. So, I bought some ARP's and took it to my dealer to get everything done. I was TOTALLY expecting to pay and had no problem with it. Well, when my mech. popped off one of my heads, there on the block starting at the edge of the cyclinder wall was an ugly, nasty looking, 1" or so CASTING FLAW! Looked like someone gouged it with a flat head or stamp or something. So, he showed it to the Operations Mgr. of the dealership and he said give him a new long block and heads. I WAS SHOCKED!! He said the heads were warped and one had a slight crack. So, they put my ARP's on a brand new(well, probably reman'd) block with new heads and put in my EGR cooler block off, 2 new injectors and it's nice to have it back. The nice thing is IT IS a newer commonized engine. If that really makes a difference.

Cool. When I got my head studs put in, my tech put all new heads and everything on there. So I got a little bit of an upgrade too. Glad to hear you got your truck back.

broken,....1000hp isn't gonna do chit, if you can't get the power to the ground,.......did ya every get your rear end "possied"?

I had completely forgotten about this site and was only posting on a specific 4. well, got banned from one and saw this link in my history and was like "OHHHH YEAAHHH!!". so here I am and will be visiting everyday I can.:rockwoot:

how long before my sig shows up? maybe i'll just keep posting until it does. lol there we go!

1SickHarley said:
Sorry guys... just wanted to be able to say that on a diesel webiste without getting edited. Haven't been on here in awhile. REALLY missed this place. :Cheer: :rockwoot:

im in the process of pulling my EGR up pipe and it seems like a pain to get to. Do you have any tricks or suggestions to get the thing off?

Not really.... mine was done when the cab was off. Be careful and BUY and uppipe delete. I know a guy who tried to make one and it ended up filling up the engine with antifreeze. The worst part about it is it was a Ford Mech. at a dealer who did it behind the back of the service dept. while it was in for service. Well needless to say the dealer is looking for a new mechanic and I think the customer is having to pick up the tab of all things. Talk about a double FUBAR!!

1SickHarley said:
Not really.... mine was done when the cab was off. Be careful and BUY and uppipe delete. I know a guy who tried to make one and it ended up filling up the engine with antifreeze. The worst part about it is it was a Ford Mech. at a dealer who did it behind the back of the service dept. while it was in for service. Well needless to say the dealer is looking for a new mechanic and I think the customer is having to pick up the tab of all things. Talk about a double FUBAR!!

tell that dealer i am looking for a job.

dj