Hamilton cam question

oldblue116

I have a 188/220 Hamilton cam in a motor I bought that was already assembled. I have to put a new cam gear on for the tone ring for a cam sensor. The previous owner of the engine said he degreed the cam. Was wondering if I can just put it on center. The pistons have .060 valve reliefs. It is a 12v bottom end and a 24v head.
Thanks Mark.

Also I tried calling Hamilton and no answer today, only reason im posting is because I am doing this tomorrow and hoped for a quick response.

You mean for performance? I do not know much about disagreeing cams, I apologize.

Not all gears are made exactly the same, so it's best to confirm that it fit's without interference ( by degreeing it). With .060 reliefs it should fit without a problem, but it's always better to check. Zach made a good video that's on YouTube on how to degree a cam.

Ok. I will check that out and find a degree wheel I suppose. Thank you.

Print on off the internet and glue it to a piece of cardboard: buy a pizza for lunch tomorrow and use the box!!!

It worked just fine on my motor build.

I too agree, with .060" reliefs, it should fit fine regardless.

Print on off the internet and glue it to a piece of cardboard: buy a pizza for lunch tomorrow and use the box!!!

It worked just fine on my motor build.

I too agree, with .060" reliefs, it should fit fine regardless.

You are a freaking genius sir. Thank you!

Yes, with .060" cuts, you should be good to go as long as it has been installed correctly.

Back