Hamilton HD or Extreme pushrods

HIGHGEAR05

Just ordered studs and 103 springs for my truck. Wanna order Hamilton pushrods but not sure if I should get the HD's or Extreme's. Like to get some opinions on which ones to get. Gonna order twin kit 62/475 and a stroker pump later so hoping to be around 600hp when I'm done.

At 600hp I don't see why you'd need to upgrade pushrods but if your heart is set on it then I'd call Manton. They make Hamilton's pushrods.

Were it me, I'd opt for the Extreme rods. Rated for 750+hp. I just like the assurance of knowing I'm not pushing the limits of the components.

I only have the HDs in my truck but have talked to some that prefer stock pushrods over stronger aftermarket units because they said they'd prefer the pushrod to bend rather than damage a lifter if something else happens to fail or collide

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I figured the added spring tension from the bigger springs, that I would need stiffer pushrods cause of deflection. Which could be true I guess, but the deflection could be so small that it's nothing to worry about. There's seems to be plenty of people out there making big hp with stock pushrods with zero problems.

I'd suggest picking up the phone and calling Hamilton and speak to them about your build, your goals and their recommendations. They are a stand up company and I do not feel that they will try to oversell you.

I talked to Hamilton and they said pushrods are needed above 500hp, but if you eclipse 750hp in the future you need to go extreme duty.

There's seems to be people with high hp running factory rods with no problem and that's great. I think for myself though, I'm just gonna get the Hamilton rods to be on the safe side. Also, you never know what the future holds and this is a hobby for me, so once I reach 600hp I then might want 700hp and then 800hp etc. I'm confident knowing that my valve train can handle it no matter what hp I throw at it.

The HD's are 3/8 OD with .095 wall thickness on both intake and exhaust. The Extreme are 3/8 OD with .095 wall thickness on the intakes and 7/16 OD with .168 wall thickness on exhaust side.

My truck ate a push rod with a single 66, 5X14s and a 180 pushing 500CCs. From what I read, it's the aftermarket springs that kill the pushrods. I pulled it out in pieces and ordered Manton pushrods after. My friend just bought a set from PDD a little cheaper and they appear to be Mantons.

Does Manton have a price sheet on there website. I would like to check them out. I've read a lot of good reviews about them. Always looking to save a buck.

Just trying to save someone some money

6dc808a4eec267b0a5d0025ae2817c9b.jpg

1a95af42e97b75ba8ef2bf20b6143811.jpg

6b7382de95e524dadc69860ed0e9e9dd.jpg

I bet mr Hamilton is pounding his fist knowing that everyone is finding out about his years of lying about where his stuff comes from.

If your going to put a pushtube in, do 7/16 .168 on both intake and exhaust. It's silly to go any smaller if your buying tubes imo

This thread made me remember I'm making almost 800 on stock ones as well. Might be time to look into upgrading mine as well.

With a small cam and valve springs I'm sure they are being taxed more then stock