haven't seen many huge dyno numbers this year

Glasseater

it seems like last year there were posts constantly about people hitting 1200, 1300, 1400+ all the time (ok only one 1400+ but you get the point...)
this year there have been a couple high #s but nothing crazy, have all the big events just not happened yet?

This year same members post to 'melted piston' thread............... :poke:

who have you seen post those numbers ? or are you just being sarcastic ? Highest hp I know of is 1200hp and that was at the fly wheel. The motor didn't hold together either.

Lloyd Mills did 1280 with his CR. And he often tows a trailer bigger than some houses LOL IIRC he has over 80,000 miles on it. Not sure where the top CR # sits now but it's far above 1200 at the crank.

who have you seen post those numbers ? or are you just being sarcastic ? Highest hp I know of is 1200hp and that was at the fly wheel. The motor didn't hold together either.

Redstroke did 1374hp last year.

I remember Lloyd doing like 1158 +/- but, not the 12 something.

Plus, IMO, it the motor can't hold that type of HP, it's not legit. 5 seconds on a dyno doesn't mean a whole lot. Now, if that power could be used at any time to race or pull without rebuilding the motor after the pass... I'd say you have something.

Not trying to start a war... just giving my opinion :Cheer:

Then why are you bringing up #'s or even posting about them.

because I can. That 1200 I mention was also on fuel only which I'm sure none of the others are.

I see 0 mention of fuel only so perhaps you should reread what you wrote. I can't read minds. And use mine enough not to expect fuel only claims in a thread about top dyno #'s Tim Barber did 1059 hp. and has run mid 11's on fuel only.

Plus, IMO, it the motor can't hold that type of HP, it's not legit. 5 seconds on a dyno doesn't mean a whole lot. Now, if that power could be used at any time to race or pull without rebuilding the motor after the pass... I'd say you have something.

LMAO I live like 5 minutes away from Lloyd. He first twined his truck back in 2006 from my recollection. He runs the piss out of that truck daily, tows trailers, you name it. So tell me, how can't his truck hold together.

I see 0 mention of fuel only so perhaps you should reread what you wrote. I can't read minds. And use mine enough not to expect fuel only claims in a thread about top dyno #'s Tim Barber did 1059 hp. and has run mid 11's on fuel only.

Tim has done 1090hp with the Smarty and a large help from the TST. When he races the truck he usually runs the Smarty on 7 and no TST (around 800hp) because he doesn't have a roll bar.

lloyd has laid down 1289hp to the wheels with a shot of NO2. lloyd still daily drives his truck and plows snow with it during the winter.

Tim has done 1090hp with the Smarty and a large help from the TST. When he races the truck he usually runs the Smarty on 7 and no TST (around 800hp) because he doesn't have a roll bar.

I knew he was way up there, but that # was all I could find and I wasn't trying to state something that's not true.

Adam Winslett hit 993hp today at Brad Ponci's event small injectors, one stage of spray, VP44

lloyd and Reb both did 1289. both are with spray. one is a single turbo, other is a twin setup. Rebs brother Erick has the record for fuel only at 1134, no water, just diesel fuel.