helium - what are your thoughts?

Ltk

Broke
so i was manufacturing some junk camrys, 1 a minute, as i do 60 hours a week. as you can imagine, i become braindead and drift off thinking about things. anything that i can keep my mind on to pass time....

ANYWAYS. lets pretend for a minute. imagine the earth had helium in place of oxygen.

what would happen to our turbochargers? would they sound different? would they build more/less pressure? would we be able to build boost faster? would we travel forward faster due to less "wind resistance"?

just curious on everyones thoughts about this, dont bash too much! :lolly:

Last edited:
well crap. can a mod move this to the turbocharger tech section please

wouldnt boost at all, as helium isnt flammable. Lets pretend it is. Turbos would spool slower with helium.

Spool-up and boost would be way down which would also effect our Slipless Antifriction Clutch's ability to function.

Oh, and all our trucks would sound like ricers.......

I think it wouldn't matter because we would all be talking like the Chipmunks and laughing our asses off.

powerstroke95;2382414]Air is roughly 10X more dense than helium, so air is much easier to compress.
I don't know squat about this, but wouldn't that work the other way around? The less dense the easier to compress? I'm trying to reason this by comparing less dense foam, to very dense steel.

I don't know squat about this, but wouldn't that work the other way around? The less dense the easier to compress? I'm trying to reason this by comparing less dense foam, to very dense steel.

i was thinking the same. less dense means more can compress. the more you compress, the higher the pressures i guess?

maybe i found a way to slip the antifriction clutch. intaking mass amounts of helium to go super fast :lolly:

Spool-up and boost would be way down which would also effect our Slipless Antifriction Clutch's ability to function.

Oh, and all our trucks would sound like ricers.......

:hehe: I was just thinking what in the hell is the deal with people and this fantasy land thinking lately?

:hehe: I was just thinking what in the hell is the deal with people and this fantasy land thinking lately?

this is only a very small portion of the crap i think about all day. i was thinking about balloons for whatever reason and then i thought well what if the atmosphere was helium instead. then i thought about our trucks, so it seemed like a good idea for a discussion!

At least not for consumption. You can grow "Industrial Hemp" in KY, can't you?

im not sure honestly.

on a side note, i want to hear this helium in a turbo