HELP ASAP 06 dodge won't start

cerickson

fullpull108
Buddies 06 dodge won't start. Getting fuel thru the filter to the fuel rail. Loosened all fuel lines getting good fuel thru them, Cranks but won't start. Sprayed wd-40 in intake will hit but won't run. Any help would be great. He's stranded on his way home with youngins in tow

Try starting fluid, not wd-40, I would say injector problems. Ball seat erosion, once it starts it should stay running.

Yep injectors I'd say let it sit for a bit it will start again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

k thanks, tried the staring fluid will hit like the wd-40 stay running for a bit then just die?? This has got me puzzled

Check engine light on? Flip the key on and off 3 times and see if there's any codes. Could be injectors but check the rail pressure sensor and fuel pressure regulator, I'm my experience most of the time it will still run if its one of those it will just make them run rough but you never know...

Last edited:
Need to find out if it's building rail pressure, volume means very little when it needs a few thousand psi to start. #4 injector lines commonly crack around the ends which will cause it not to start. If the rail relief valve is leaking, it will not start. Also, if injectors are returning too much or cross tubes not seated the best, it could cause it to not start. When it comes down to it, there are several things. There is not enough info to diagnose squat in reality. It could very well be something electronic as well.

Also unhooked both batteries for bout 5 minutes then tried to restart

No codes, no lights on, where would the rail pressure sensor be at? I'm not familiar with cr's

Buddy said it ran fine lastnight, went to leave this morning and it wouldn't start., so he called me to help him, and I am asking you all for your expertise and know-how.

Rail pressure sensor is..... On the fuel rail.

What ever you do don't try to 'bleed' the injector lines. CR's do not require any 'bleeding' after its ran out of fuel or the fuel system looses prime. Air will be removed automagically.

Also unplug the FCA on the CP3 pump and proceed to start engine. If it starts and runs very rough/sound like hammers hitting each other let us know. Only run It with FCA unplugged for a very short second or two.

Check around for any signs of fuel leaking around the lines (while the truck isn't running) as said above the lines are bad about cracking.

Got it going thanks guys for all the quick responses. He's on the road home. Thanks