Help diagnose

ETH/DEE

Fick mich
Well we got the pump back on my brothers truck last night and took it for a ride this morning. We had a 913 overhauled by DPE and ended up sending it back to them thinking the timing was not at the pinned 20* we requested, which ended up being ok. So now its back together and basically runs the same. Its like the timing is up around 30* plus. I think that maybe if Effed up the the TDC? Here are some videos from earlier today. The truck runs awesome above 3000-3200 rpm's.

913 pump at 430cc's
Stock DV's
.093 lines/stock tubes
240hp sticks at 285 bar.
ED S466/Stainless diesel T/4 manifold

The entire motor top to bottom has less than 4k on it.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2SlQwPht1g
Low RPM driving.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wydiSl9Fm64
Gettin on it, no smoke till upper rpm's even though the pedal is buried.

Id also like to thank Seth at DPE, Chris at Engineered Diesel, Bryce at Haisley Machine and Enterprise Engine Performance for providing us with quality parts and superb customer service.:Cheer::thankyou2:

I really like my timing set around 30 so I wouldnt be woried.What turbo,plate and afc spring. Do you have boost hooked up to the afc?

That low rpm haze looks like my truck. The black smoke coming on at upper rpm's looks like a tight afc and is fueling when up on boost. If you want to get rid of the haze, you need smaller injectors. Now who shall I mail the ticket to??

I really like my timing set around 30 so I wouldnt be woried.What turbo,plate and afc spring. Do you have boost hooked up to the afc?

High timing wouldn't really bother me so much, but I want it to run better in the lower RPM's. We want to daily drive this thing. The AFC spring is stock but the foot is modded and there is boost hooked up to it. If I loosen the AFC up a bit will it run smoother on the low end? Or is it all timing related.

That low rpm haze looks like my truck. The black smoke coming on at upper rpm's looks like a tight afc and is fueling when up on boost. If you want to get rid of the haze, you need smaller injectors. Now who shall I mail the ticket to??

The haze isn't too bad but its constant while coasting and under acceleration. I have a set of worked 200's we may try. I guess I'll try and mess with the AFC first. You can mail the ticket to my address. Im running out of toilet paper.:shake:

Is the shut off lever fully forward? Mine ran kinda like that when the lever wasnt completely forward.

Yeah its all the way open, there's no shut off solenoid or cable yet.

Boost is 60-65 at full tilt. We weren't watching the EGT's since we were on an open road and going way to fast. The fuel pressure gauge isn't hooked up yet, but a new 12 Valve AirDog was installed at the same time of the conversion....

Lower your timing about 5 degrees. Might have to lower you pop pressures more for a daily driver. Kinda hard to start??

30 deg on a ppump 24v isnt that bad they like more timeing then the 12v do. IMO i would up the timing at least to 27 deg

Well I moved the AFC housing all the way forward and loosened the star wheel a small amount and it made a of world of difference. Still very poppy at low RPM or light pedal though, may just be the nature of the beast....

Anyways our new S400 ate a bearing on our 10 mile test ride this afternoon. It was oiled/warmed up/driven easy for the first 500 miles. Then the truck sat for a month while we did the pump conversion. Gonna halfta call E.D. in the A.M. :bang

Thanks for the help.

How many miles were on the turbo before the bearing went out? I gotta call ED tomorrow too, mine shelled the compressor wheel this weekend with only 2,000 miles on it.

Maybe at the pump , not at the injector. That stupid timing pin in the p7100 isn't the golden key...

Maybe you missed my point. It is only set at 20* which is not that much. He is also using .093 lines, therefore it is slightly less. If anything, he should bump the timing a little.

Anyways our new S400 ate a bearing on our 10 mile test ride this afternoon. It was oiled/warmed up/driven easy for the first 500 miles. Then the truck sat for a month while we did the pump conversion. Gonna halfta call E.D. in the A.M. :bang

Thanks for the help.

Damn, that sucks Aaron. You guys can borrow the SB I just took off if you want, just has a small crack in the eh.