Help diagnose

If done correctly the engine should be at 0* TDC and the pump should be at 20* BTDC.

I thought it was the other way around. if the pump was at 0* the the engine was at 20* BTDC. so the injection pump fires at 0* so when the engine gets to TDC all the fuel is in there compressing about ready to fire?

am i thinking backwards? :what:

The way you set timing is you put your engine at 0* TDC and the pimp at TDC which on average is ~13*. Then you rotate the engine and pump until you reach your desired pump timing. Then you pop the gear off and rotate the engine back to 0* TDC and reattach the gear. The pump itself is doing the advanced timing. Not the engine. So you are correct that the engine will be at 20* btdc when the pump fires but incorrect on how you set it up.

The way you set timing is you put your engine at 0* TDC and the pimp at TDC which on average is ~13*. Then you rotate the engine and pump until you reach your desired pump timing. Then you pop the gear off and rotate the engine back to 0* TDC and reattach the gear. The pump itself is doing the advanced timing. Not the engine. So you are correct that the engine will be at 20* btdc when the pump fires but incorrect on how you set it up.

Umm if he pins the pump then rotates the engine without the gear pulled off thats not gonna be good for the timing pin.

Set engine at TDC
Pin the pump
pull gear off
rotate engine back "x" amount of degrees to get desired timing
put gear back on
pull timing pin out

OK. I wasn't being THAT specific. It was a general overview of the procedure but yes your right about the pin.

Umm if he pins the pump then rotates the engine without the gear pulled off thats not gonna be good for the timing pin.

Set engine at TDC
Pin the pump
pull gear off
rotate engine back "x" amount of degrees to get desired timing
put gear back on
pull timing pin out

this is a little different than the way the previous guy described. maybe a mix up. waiting for someone else to chime in...

Your fighting multiple problems.

The P7100 is hard pressed to produce enough pressure to effectively open the 24V injectors. This is made worse with the larger diameter injection lines normally used with these pumps. Even a 13mm pump will struggle to produce a sharp pressure curve at low engine speeds with a .093 line diameter. Remember that a stock line is .072. .080 is a common size used by many, but that is the absolute max size a 12mm pump can handle. Add a 24v injector into the mix and things just get worse.

The turbo is somewhat large for a lazy injection pressure system to make much bottom end power with. Many times higher injection pressure will aid a lazy running engine. You have little pressure with the 12mm pump and big lines. Considerably less than 900 bar. Not a good thing.

On my truck I use .080 lines. It has a 13mm pump. I can produce 1300 bar easily with rack and RPM. That is the largest line I would ever run. Smoke is minimal. My wife can even drive the thing without smoke. I run 245-260 bar and 12V springs.

From the video it appears the AFC may need some tweaks. It is weakly fueling on the bottom end.

Finally, the helix 2 can break behind a competition type P pump. Your on borrowed time, IMO. I have the same cam you have driving my 13mm pump and it has not broken yet, but some have broken them. Budget accordingly.