Hesitation between shifts

cirvin33

Alright y'all, I now have an 08' 6.7 and am starting to make my own tunes with EFI Live. My problem is that I can build a tune that runs really strong up until it goes to shift, then it is like the engine lets off all power until it shifts into the next gear. Makes it sound like a manual trans truck. I know there is something I am missing in my tune because I am using the same TCM tune with an H&S tune I have and there is no hesitation with it. Anyone else ever ran into this problem? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

It's called shift defuel, it's what saves your trans from blowing apart when shifting. If you don't know what that is if be giving a professional a call ASAP or else you're going to cost you're self a ton of money

It's called shift defuel, it's what saves your trans from blowing apart when shifting. If you don't know what that is if be giving a professional a call ASAP or else you're going to cost you're self a ton of money

Not worried about the trans. Thanks for the response though. It has a brand new one from Revmax in it.

You obviously didn't understand what he said... you need to talk to a professional tuner

Sent from phone

disable/max every limiter you can find, specifically the F1188 one I think it probably fighting you.

He asks a dumb question that shows he absolutely has no clue what he's doin, then totally disregards my answer like he thinks his ****s indestructible. IDGAF who built his trans, if he doesn't know what shift defuel is and wants to start playing with tuning via efi live something is Gona get hurt and it will be his fault cause he had no clue what he was doin. It's cool bro ill just sit here on the side lines and laugh when it goes south from his chit tuning because he couldn't take smart advice

disable/max every limiter you can find, specifically the F1188 one I think it probably fighting you.

Ryan, Do you know if the F1188 limiter use TCC slip as a protection, does it use the F0522 table instead, or is it using something else altogether? I thought, but haven't confirmed, F0522 was used only when F1179 was enabled.

I have a strange limiter that is giving me problems in 1st and 2nd on a truck, and it switches off immediately after the 2-3 shift, like turning on a light switch (duration jumps from ~1200 to ~2800 uS, 65 mm3 to 150)

Not trying to hijack, but this seemed like a good inroad to discuss, and could benefit the OP as well (who seems like he's trying to learn)

Ryan, Do you know if the F1188 limiter use TCC slip as a protection, does it use the F0522 table instead, or is it using something else altogether? I thought, but haven't confirmed, F0522 was used only when F1179 was enabled.

I have a strange limiter that is giving me problems in 1st and 2nd on a truck, and it switches off immediately after the 2-3 shift, like turning on a light switch (duration jumps from ~1200 to ~2800 uS, 65 mm3 to 150)

Not trying to hijack, but this seemed like a good inroad to discuss, and could benefit the OP as well (who seems like he's trying to learn)

B9904 disabled? awhile back I missed this limiter and had that happen

Really? That's the response I get? Did I say my trans was indestructeable? I wasn't disregarding your input by any means but I will next time since you are obviously a complete deusche.

Really? That's the response I get? Did I say my trans was indestructeable? I wasn't disregarding your input by any means but I will next time since you are obviously a complete deusche.

Sweet bra... The only deusche here is you. And your a prime example of the coal oralers we don't except here. Btw how much hp u get from takin ur silencer ring out and flippin ur tow mirrors up. Fuking jacka$$

Sweet bra... The only deusche here is you. And your a prime example of the coal oralers we don't except here. Btw how much hp u get from takin ur silencer ring out and flippin ur tow mirrors up. Fuking jacka$$

Question asking is definitely deuschebagery I agree. Thank you to the 2 guys that actually read what I wrote and responded intelligently. Oh and I'm going to keep the silencer ring in for now. Don't want to damage my trans. The mirrors being up already has the TC slipping a little.

I just checked and I already have f1188 disabled. I went back through and raised all of my limiters. Already had disabled the ones that could be. I will get it on there and try it out hopefully tomorrow.

Tried it out this morning and same thing. Just ordered a new battery for my laptop so I can data log and hopefully figure it out that way.

B9904 disabled? awhile back I missed this limiter and had that happen

Already Disabled. Rescaled everything down to 125 mm3 instead, and everything is good now. Also raised up D2012 and D2013 (and set the low higher than the high), even though D2015 was already disabled. I tried multiple combinations with D2012 and D2013 with no real change, so I am leaning towards the mm3 values being the issue, but didn't get time to start turning things back on one at a time yet (and may not, truck is leaving tonight)

cirvin33, might want to try rescaling to 125 if you haven't already. Most of the 6.7s I've done are looking for mileage, so this is the first I've ran into one not doing what I asked, as I am asking alot more of it. I think I've read about the 125 mm3 somewhere else as well, but can't remember where.

Already Disabled. Rescaled everything down to 125 mm3 instead, and everything is good now. Also raised up D2012 and D2013 (and set the low higher than the high), even though D2015 was already disabled. I tried multiple combinations with D2012 and D2013 with no real change, so I am leaning towards the mm3 values being the issue, but didn't get time to start turning things back on one at a time yet (and may not, truck is leaving tonight)

cirvin33, might want to try rescaling to 125 if you haven't already. Most of the 6.7s I've done are looking for mileage, so this is the first I've ran into one not doing what I asked, as I am asking alot more of it. I think I've read about the 125 mm3 somewhere else as well, but can't remember where.

I will give that a shot tomorrow night. My tapa isn't sending me notifications when I get a reply on here so just now saw it.