high 12s' with an 05 common rail auto?

Devan Manis

usually bitting my tongue
Just curious what it would take to make high 12's with a common rail, also would we need to do cp3 pump mods? preferrably without nitrous. Thanks

Smarty TNT-R?, Built Tranny, Injectors, a decent sized turbo or two, different exhaust manifold, upgraded CP3, FASS or equivalent, Valve Springs for TNT-R, Headstuds?
That is what i would think would get you into the 12's. This is just what i read, you will have to wait for the experts to respond to get more info though.

les, (2007 5.9) runs a sps 62, ddp90's, ad150, smarty, and a built auto -- and runs 12.8's.

12's arent hard in a CR:

You could do it with

62mm Turbo, Built Tranny, STG 1 CP3, Smarty TNT, and stock injectors on 04.5 and up. 03-04 would require some reworked injectors to break in to high 12s. (2007 5.9s) setup is near perfect for high 12s

I bet some 04.5 trucks with the perfect tune could break into the high twelves with the stock turbo.

My mods were

Built tranny
66 turbo
glacier fuel system
downloader
tst
mp-8
intake
stock injectors, stock pump

12.6-12.7's

Without the tst it would still run 12.9. I think a more reliable setup would be flux's and no tst. A modded pump or twin pumps will be needed then.

Last edited:
My old setup for my 12.47 -12.60's @ 106-108mph
WITH A MELTED #4 piston!!!! LOL .......It dyno'd 584hp/1167tq Oct.4th 08

Smarty TNT
MP8
F1 Flux 2's
Floor It Stg. 2 pump
II Silver 62/74/12
FASS 95 gph
Lock up switch - locking as soon as it hits 2nd gear - Full Billet Trans by Garmons Diesel!!!:rockwoot:

few other nick nacs.....CFM+ intake horn, Volant intake, 4" turbo back exhaust....

With the following I ran 12.7s-12.8s:

II SPS66
FASS 150/95
Studs,
Smarty TNT
TST
EZ
Upgraded Air Intake/Exhaust
Full billet transmission and 3 Disc TC
Stock injectors and cp3.

Thanks for all your replies, the only thing i was wondering about was the cp3 mods. We already have an edge juice/attitude, planning on the hot, would the smarty make a good stack with it?

Big swole, I spent some time in the Dallas/powder springs area, there aren't very many diesels there at all.

i ran 13.1 with ddp 110's, hts tranny, smarty revo, htt 62/71/14, diy cp3 mod, walbro 382, halmton 110lbs springs, h2 cam, 35's. no tc lockup until 90mph and tst was acting up. i could have hit high 12's.

Big swole, I spent some time in the Dallas/powder springs area, there aren't very many diesels there at all.

I like that!! =)

That means more than likely, I'm TOP DOG round these parts!!! LOL

j/k

Yeah, I don't really see that many modding diesl round here either...Down south a bit there is...

further than columbus? I spent time there as well... well phenix city didn't see that many there either, but most places don't compare to what i've seen in utah, but i haven't been many places out side of utah and western georgia.

90 hp injectors, 62-71-14, built trans, bully dog crazy larry, MP8 ran 12.6 in a crew cab 4x4 05.

Same combo with a 62-65-14 in an 05 4x4 crew cab dually ran 13.04 (with a topper).

Same combo with a silver bullet ran 12.47 in an 05 crew cab 4x4 lifted 8'.

The top two have stock fuel systems. The bottom truck has an airdog now..

don't stack your edge with a smarty, unless you know exactly what your doing, it isn't worth it. Get some gauges and talk to bob wagner about a smarty.

well we already have the edge, so is there anything that would stack good with it? I was thinking the smarty because you have the timing and durration options.

Back