high fueling

My bad. I didn't look at. the turbo specs you had on there.

Turn it down and it will smoke less. Yes. You will have slower spool. but you will have less smoke.

And honestly even if I have mine turned all the way up I can drive it around town, down the freeway without smoking out the town.

Its all in how you regulate your right foot. If your trying to race off the line every time you take off its going to smoke.

I applaud you for trying to tune it with smoke though, really I do.

I think you made a poor choice of turbo for a daily driver. 64/71 will spool quicker and give just as much power.

sounds like I way screwed up , yeah spool is sometimes slow a bit at 55 Iam afraid to turn fueling down too low and be even slower spooling . so basically I have a turbo no good for where Iam at , so 150 sticks wouldnt benifit me then? on spooling quicker

you now I really like these forms , I dont come here for sarcasim idk what your problem is with me Iam just trying to get some advice on what to do , so I dont make anymore costly mistakes

Hey Wunderwood Just curious , where about in Texas are you ? North,South, East, West ? There are alot of diesel enthusiasts around here

I am in Houston. I give English/punctuation classes on the side. Would you like to enroll?

Being on a tablet is no excuse. I can type on my phone just fine.

His name is will not iam silly. Is that the exducer or inducer of the turbine? No 64mm phat shafts should have a s400 turbine.. I would look for a boost leak more than anything.

I believe that would be a 64/74 in normal people talk LOL but not sure on the inducer of the 74mm turbine.

Just because you through as much fuel to it as you can, doesn't mean you are going to spool the turbo faster. You are just wasting the extra fuel that isn't burning, causing quench, and then you're not providing that big a$$ turbine with any thermal energy. Reduce the fueling, you will get a better burn in the cylinder and you will spool better.

Try turning it down, instead of just thinking it will hurt spooling the turbo that already sucks at spooling. It is a trial and error process sometimes

I pulled it up this is what I have Shop | Category: 2003-2011 Dodge PHATSHAFT Turbos | Product: 2003-04 SILVER BULLET 64/80 . I talked to industrial injection today, they also said to turn fuel down. I must admit it is better and I can still turn down further. I appreciate the input , I will turn down even a bit more tomorrow and maybe even up the timing a bit. That will have to work until I invest in a different turbo , but Iam banking it will work well.

Back