High HP 12V W/Stock Turbo

THEKIDFAN

I seem to think I've heard of a few guys hitting 500rwhp, what are some numbers you guys know of?
Just curious as the wifes rig was on the dyno for the first time this weekend and turned 328 in valet and 416/948 in full fuel.....thinking I might outta push that plate and see what it'll turn.

I did 472 corrected back in 05 with a 160 pump and stock charger.

White Knite "formerly dual k20's" did 422 fuel only uncorrected.

I did 439/9xx awhile back at Garmons shop, avatar pic! But I think Matt holds the record at 501 still.

And what injectors was everyone running?

The 501 is turboMatt1, Yes?

cbtoyz, did you end up getting on the dyno we had to leave after lunch? And a BIG Congrats, on the wins!!

What are your guys setups that a puttin down 400+ on the stockers?

And what injectors was everyone running?

The 501 is turboMatt1, Yes?

cbtoyz, did you end up getting on the dyno we had to leave after lunch? And a BIG Congrats, on the wins!!

Thanks a bunch! Yeah, that was my first time on the rollers. I put down 536/942 It was good enough for 3rd place on fuel only. :rockwoot: What a great group of people, I really appreciate how welcoming, and friendly everybody was to a newcomer. :Cheer:

Last edited:
I never dyno'd but I think with my old HX35 I was around 425hp, it would break the tires loose at any speed if the roads were any bit of wet. I had some 5x.017: CDS injectors and like 21* timing

I have 5x.018, 25* timing, Full cuts , 4K's, no plate, gutted AFC and a HX55. I want to put my stocker back on, for the quick spool-up. But I am afraid I got too much fuel for it and will blow it up. Cuz my 55 doesnt even come close to cleaning up my smoke as it it. Do you think the 35 would be ok or? Buting anotherturbo is not an option currently.

I have 5x.018, 25* timing, Full cuts , 4K's, no plate, gutted AFC and a HX55. I want to put my stocker back on, for the quick spool-up. But I am afraid I got too much fuel for it and will blow it up. Cuz my 55 doesnt even come close to cleaning up my smoke as it it. Do you think the 35 would be ok or? Buting anotherturbo is not an option currently.

Those are whats keeping the charger you have not from cleaning it up. Having no AFC coupled with full cut DV's you are most likely putting out the fire hurting spoolup along with giving the EGT's a big head start on your turbo.

If you put in a working AFC modified for full travel that right there would probably help tremendously, take out the DV's and switch to some 191's or Smokem .5mm's and you would probably not lose power but smoke much less.

If you really wanted to run the HX35 IMO you would need to ditch the full cuts at the very least. When I had those CDS injectors it ran great and had lots of power but it would bury the pyrometer very quickly.

Is your HX35 have a stock 12cm wastegated turbine? If it does open up the wastegate holes, cross drill the divider and gasket match and polish the turbine housing entry. Those will help it hold up better and control drive pressures better.

I did 400 flat with a stock charger

HX35 with a 14cm housing, crossdrilled housing
370 marines
Valair inc clutch
181 DVs
16.5 degrees timing
100 plate full forward
1/2 afc (stock)

Hot, but doable.. with a 215 pump..

Rick

I was running DDP4's and stock DV's at the time. Way too much fuel and egt's way too high. The avatar pic is the smoke I had at full boost, 45+ psi with the HX35. I think you will be WAY overfueled and your stock HX will live a short life. :badidea:

So far just pump work! Still running the stock 180 injectors so I was suprised by the numbers, to say the least!
Tempted to mess with the ex. housing (drilling and opening the wastgate) and push the plate forward, but I have a 62 almost done!

Could you elaborate more on the drilling of my wastegate? And I have never messed with the AFC much. Never really been told or shown how to adjust it correctly. Tried asking people on here, but never really got a detailed explanation that I could understand lol. Guess I would need someone to show me hands on to understand better.

So far just pump work! Still running the stock 180 injectors so I was suprised by the numbers, to say the least!
Tempted to mess with the ex. housing (drilling and opening the wastgate) and push the plate forward, but I have a 62 almost done!

You made over 400 on 180 injectors, and the plate not all the way forward on a stock turbo?

Eric

I did 400 flat with a stock charger

HX35 with a 14cm housing, crossdrilled housing
370 marines
Valair inc clutch
181 DVs
16.5 degrees timing
100 plate full forward
1/2 afc (stock)

Hot, but doable.. with a 215 pump..

Rick
Same here with but with a stock 12cm housing and a modded AFC.

You made over 400 on 180 injectors, and the plate not all the way forward on a stock turbo?

Eric

Yep!

Well, to be perfectly honest I am assuming (yes, I know what that means) they are! Never pulled them to see, I bought the truck from Forrest for my wife and we're slowly turning it into her little grocery getter/drag truck :tree: but he never said anything about the injectors.
Best part is we drove 250 approx. miles to Brads place went to the store couple times drove 20-30 miles North to the track, wife made about 7 passes drove back to Brads Dyno'd (made 2 pulls) then drove home same 250 miles filled up and hand calculated 18.74 mpg :rockwoot: