High HP 12V W/Stock Turbo

Me?

181's, have them in my truck as well! Not as much power but smoke is much more controllable over any other I have tried!

That is pretty impressive. What are EGT's and boost like? So basically some pump tuning is all that is done to the truck?

Eric

That is pretty impressive. What are EGT's and boost like? So basically some pump tuning is all that is done to the truck?

Eric

I was impressed didn't think it was possible with the stock injectors. In valet boost is 42 egt's max at the track at 1250*, in full fuel a 60 psi boost gauge is almost to small and a 1600* pyro is useless before the 1/8 mile!
Forrest put a poor mans air cleaner setup on it, we had Brad put gauges, 5" ex. (he had it layin' around) roll in some arp 625's and a cam WITH a bolt-on gear (I have been burned before) and HD valve springs! Plus Goerend tranny mods. Pump is a 913 that Brad worked over, I really think that is the most important part by far!

so what adjustments does one go for... to control smoke?
You already have 181s (I'm figuring you know that:D)

By far best thing I did for smoke control was the modded/setup AFC.

I need to swing by and get those springs before to long...

I was impressed didn't think it was possible with the stock injectors. In valet boost is 42 egt's max at the track at 1250*, in full fuel a 60 psi boost gauge is almost to small and a 1600* pyro is useless before the 1/8 mile!
Forrest put a poor mans air cleaner setup on it, we had Brad put gauges, 5" ex. (he had it layin' around) roll in some arp 625's and a cam WITH a bolt-on gear (I have been burned before) and HD valve springs! Plus Goerend tranny mods. Pump is a 913 that Brad worked over, I really think that is the most important part by far!

The worked over 913 is the part i was missing:hehe: Still impressive on stock injectors though:rockwoot:

And what injectors was everyone running?

The 501 is turboMatt1, Yes?

501 was with the original 160 pump, stock DV's & turbo.
The big tricks were Jeff's marine 370's (stock tips) & an 18.5 non waistgated housing.
The torque with that setup was crazy.... it would fry the tires at freeway speeds!!
I doubt the 35 would have lived long without the 18.5 housing.

How much boost was it making on that 501 HP run with the HX35 and 18.5 housing? Just curious as that is an incredible amount of HP for the stocker!

cooool... need to get you to help me setting AFC...

been thinking of switching out to spare 215 pump... if I would gain anything from that?

just got back from a 1500 mile run to milwaukee.... did it in two days... went 75-80 almost the entire run... mileage was 18-20, running 50% waste motor oil...

just scored a 105 gal semi aluminum tank, that's going inside bed.

You already have 181s (I'm figuring you know that:D)

By far best thing I did for smoke control was the modded/setup AFC.

I need to swing by and get those springs before to long...

How much boost was it making on that 501 HP run with the HX35 and 18.5 housing? Just curious as that is an incredible amount of HP for the stocker!

45psi. It would swing from 10psi to 45psi in like 2 seconds if you nailed it from a roll. Heres a link to an old thread with the graph.
http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7269
(Check out the torque line...a stock flex plate & many tires lost there lives with this setup!)
The turbo never failed. In fact, It's been in service on my 1-ton since I went to the Turbonetics 66 on my 2500.