High Idle Switch ?'s

The boot section of the flash chip can handle 1,000 flashes (Not flashed by the Smarty) & the rest can be flashed 30,000 times. This is from the data sheet for the flash chip.

Ed

Okay. But what I'm wondering is if I could borrow a smarty from a friend of mine to flash my ecm for the high idle, or would it depend on whether or not he's already flashed his ecm with the smarty

Out curiosity, has anyone played with differ T-stat temps? I currently have a 190* one in mine and see it go up to 199* and down to 192* while driving 65mph. And this is getting the reading from a scan tool. Will the warmer temp affect anything?

200*F thermostat has shown to improve MPG's. I've got a few guys running the 6.7L 200*F thermostats and no issues with summer and winter driving.

Hoss, if your friend removes the tune from his truck, that "Unlocks it from the VIN". Then, you can put any tune on your truck & run it, remove it, then you will have High Idle enabled. Then, your friend just reinstalls the tune back on his truck. All set.

Ed