High performance 18" tire

Mooring Product said:
DockBoy you running any lift on the truck? I think this tire would look silly on my truck with a 4" lift.

The tires I run are 32.5". The truck is lifted 3" in the front and 2" in the rear.

Dockboy said:
I think about the only thing that will help you is a lead injection to the head:hehe:

That was not very nice Doc:thankyou2:

I am currently running those Nitto NT-404 305/65/17 and they WERE great.
Dropped 005 (Medium).jpg

I know bad pic. If you can find the nitto's I reccomend highly for street use.
But I did just buy those MandT drag radials in 390/40/17 for the track!!

RCCX said:
Has anyone tried the bfg's?

I'll find out tomorrow how the G-Force KDWs hook up. :evil

Attachments

• g-force-t-a-kdw.jpg
    g-force-t-a-kdw.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 25
I ran the KDW's for quite awhile until I overpowered them. For me they were good up to 700rwhp, after that they would get overpowered in second gear.

Might be different on a sticky track, but I would not know. I typically run on very slick tracks.

Anything will be better than the stock size Chaparral A/P's I've been using. :doh:

Double J said:
I'll find out tomorrow how the G-Force KDWs hook up. :evil

If the tires you are using have as low a profile as the tire in the picture, you will probably be dissapointed at the strip :(

You need the flex in the sidewall with the tires aired down to help with traction. Anything lower than a 60 sidewall and you won't get the flex ;)

I'll be running a 285/60---I don't know what size that is in the pic, but it was the only tread pic I could find.

Twisted Shifter said:
they are way to soft and they get chewed up easy ...... I was getting about 10-12K out of a set .......

Thats what I like to hear. 10-12K is a lot of 1/4 passes since the truck is not driven alot....it may see 100-200 miles a month on the street.

Did you run the 285/60's?

I would check out the proxes st as well.
Double J said:
I believe Nitto has dropped their 305/55 series
What led you to believe that? It's one of the most popular sizes, and it is still listed on their website as an available size.

What is the 285/60R18's height...about 31.5"??

I went with a 285/65R18 Toyo A/T for daily driving and racing duty...hopefully aired down a bit I can make them grip on the track!

Chris

Thanks...the tires didn't come in today like they were suppose to.:banghead:

Been there...had to race at TS on my 140lb, 35.5" 19.5's :D Ditching them netted me 2.0 seconds in the 1/4!

Chris

I finally got the BF Goodies on. Unfortunatley, I'm not going to be able to try them out for at least a couple of weeks. The sure do feel soft though. :woohoo:

2003_0101_004_.JPG
[/IMG]

2003_0101_002_.JPG
[/IMG]

2003_0101_001_.JPG
[/IMG]

2003_0101_003_.JPG
[/IMG]

A 2"/4" drop would look dead sexy on that truck! I even have the -2" coils over laying in the shed over here. You want 10's, right Joel? ;)

Back