High performance 18" tire

joefarmer said:
A 2"/4" drop would look dead sexy on that truck! I even have the -2" coils over laying in the shed over here. You want 10's, right Joel? ;)

I was thinking it needed dropped myself. They don't fill up my wheel wells like the Mickey Thompsons did. How would you drop the back? Remove leafs?

WUnderwood said:
what size is your stack?
it's a 6".

Last edited:
joefarmer said:
A 2"/4" drop would look dead sexy on that truck! I even have the -2" coils over laying in the shed over here. You want 10's, right Joel? ;)

I was actually gonna ask if you still had those...I'm not sure if I want a 2" drop though. I was thinking 1" front, 2ish in the rear!

Chris

A little taller sidewall may hook better.

Attachments

• redslook.jpg
    redslook.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Just take out the block in the rear- that's 4". Up front there's not a lot of clearance, but I think the coils I have would still move enough. if not, you could always use a small coil spacer. I was going to use them on the black truck, but I think it's forsale.

joefarmer said:
Just take out the block in the rear- that's 4". Up front there's not a lot of clearance, but I think the coils I have would still move enough. if not, you could always use a small coil spacer. I was going to use them on the black truck, but I think it's forsale.

I don't know if all the spaces are the same size, but I'm pretty sure mine are taller than 4". I'll have to look at them again when I get back in town and why it won't shift into O/D anymore....O/D solenoid? I need to get a pressure gauge so I can give Bill some pressure readings.

Just tried the 305/60-18 Toyo's and I was impressed. Yes they are stupid heavy, but they hook very well. A gentle (2100rpm) launch netted a 1.69' and zero wheelspin or dance. Tits were still on the tires.

Are there any recommendations for the 2wd trucks??????:tree:

I would like to stuff them into the stock height truck I have.:thankyou2:

Thanks,
WAYNES WORLD

I'm running the Nitto 285-60-18's right now I love the way they look...but they don't last worth anything.. I'm thinking of going with the Toyo Proxys , You guys that are running them, what kind of life are you getting out of them?

I'll be looking over the winter for a good summer wheel and tire. The nitto grapplers aren't cutting it at 500hp in 2wd when you wanna play around a corner. clicking 4x4 isn't an option every time. And they are getting to the point that with some snow, they'll be rather un-safe. I'm going to try to make them last tho. (285/70/17 E's). and I'll get them again to keep on the stock wheels.

18" rims and tires for a 3rd gen that don't stick out past the fenders. Who has them? Stock suspension height as well

18" rims and tires for a 3rd gen that don't stick out past the fenders. Who has them?
They are tough to find. There are very few wheel manufactures making wheels with enough back spacing to not stick out a mile. I had some 22x10s custom made by Boze Alloys with +45(~7in) backspacing.

t6%2Ejpg

wideopen said:
I'm running the Nitto 285-60-18's right now I love the way they look...but they don't last worth anything.. I'm thinking of going with the Toyo Proxys , You guys that are running them, what kind of life are you getting out of them?

Nitto's and Toyo's use the same compound ;) Same parent company

That good to know I guess that means it doesn't matter which of the two I use there going to last about the same.

I drove it this weekend and did the first retorque on the head. It will be ready right out of the gate next spring ;) Can't wait to hook up at the track.

McRat said:
Just tried the 305/60-18 Toyo's and I was impressed. Yes they are stupid heavy, but they hook very well. A gentle (2100rpm) launch netted a 1.69' and zero wheelspin or dance. Tits were still on the tires.

That's what I was afraid of with that size tire. Did it slow you down any from what you were runnng before? I can feel a diffence with the combo I just put on over my stock setup...I just hope it doesn't affect me on the top end to much.

duke1n said:
I drove it this weekend and did the first retorque on the head. It will be ready right out of the gate next spring ;) Can't wait to hook up at the track.

Plenty of track time still available this year.

wideopen said:

You probably won't get much out of the Toyos. They're a pretty soft compound and with the weight of our trucks it doesn't really help for wear either.

Blowby said:
Plenty of track time still available this year.
Mike, when do they close up? I'd love to get a couple shake down runs on it and learn a little from your experience. I was really impressed how your's ran at Truckfest.

Back