high timin & driveability

so basicly as long as i take my time with the torque and retorques itll be ok for nearly what ever timing i wanna run.

so basicly as long as i take my time with the torque and retorques itll be ok for nearly what ever timing i wanna run.

As long as the nuts are torqued down good-n-tight, you can run whatever timing you want.

The torque and retorque is mainly for new head gaskets (they tend to settle-in when new) and to help burnish the new threads on the studs and nuts.

If you have an old head gasket, no sense in doing more than one retorque to simply burnish the threads.

my trucks at 19*. stock over torqued head bolts like big blues pushing about 45-48 (my gauge doesnt have an exact number between 45 and 50) no problems.. in the winter starting it was only bad when my idle screw vibrated down for sum reason.. as soon as i turned it back up it was fine.. it actually fires up quicker

18 degrees. No problems whatsoever. Very streetable with good overall power.

I prefer 25 plus degrees with a tuned AFC, studs, o-rings, 4GSK or higher, and good sticks with proper DV's

20* with a1 std studs with a .020 marine head gasket. I never have to plug it up. Just turned over to 290k hitting 60 psi and 2200 degree everyday

i run 20* and no hard starting issues, lacks a bit of power on the low end, but from 3200-4000rpm it runs great. i get a bit of haze at all times, could be injectors though

running 19.5 on my 94 with no issues just takes one or two extra cranks in the morning.

is there any rule of thumb for a certian amount of timing for a certian rpm range? i know 32* is great for pullin with crazy rpms. but whatabout 70 mph cruising which for me is 2000ish rpm