high volume high pressure oil pump

Trusted

Just curious.....

Who on here is actually running out of oil because they have large injectors? How big are your injectors?

Maybe ask the question who here thinks they are running out of oil. Then ask them if they think its because they read a datalog and did not see 4000 psi but yet the sensor was maxed out...

If you are using AE scanning software, it will not read over 1800 psi with a tune installed.
But if you return the tune to stock, the AE software WILL see the correct pressure.

THANKS TO TRUSTED PERFORMANCE FOR THAT LITTLE TIB BIT OF INFO!!!!:Cheer:

I still think I may have an issue.
The pressure swings 300-400 psi at a steady rpm/speed.

WHY?????

Maybe ask the question who here thinks they are running out of oil. Then ask them if they think its because they read a datalog and did not see 4000 psi but yet the sensor was maxed out...

I don't know how many people are actually running data loggers on their Power Strokes.

I know we have seen anywhere between 3800 to 4200 psi max (depending on the truck).

With what we are currently playing with, we can exceed the oil system pretty easy. Just curious who else in here is actually running out of oil and what size injectors they are doing it with? We may want to build a modified pump and there is really no point in making only one.

If you are using AE scanning software, it will not read over 1800 psi with a tune installed.
But if you return the tune to stock, the AE software WILL see the correct pressure.

THANKS TO TRUSTED PERFORMANCE FOR THAT LITTLE TIB BIT OF INFO!!!!:Cheer:

It all deppends on what the sensor is scaled to. It can be told to be anything it wants. 1800, 2500, 3000, 4000, whatever.

We may want to build a modified pump and there is really no point in making only one.

What makes you think you can build a modified pump when everyone else who has tried has been unsuccessful?

There are those that think traditionally and those that think outside of the box. The biggest question for us, is how big. If you think traditionally, then it is a packaging issue. If you think outside of the box, then there is no limit correct? (Someone is always the first to do something. Who says it has to be someone you know?)

I don’t want to get into a pissing contest or get into a position where we need to either disclose what we do or ignore a question, so I don’t want to take this too far. But there are many issues with the way that people modify parts in the aftermarket. In the coming months, we will start to release some of the products that we have been working on for years. At that time, you will see that we don’t think with limits. It is a matter of what is needed, how do we achieve that.

As far as the HPOP, initial math says that we can achieve anywhere between a 53% to 64% increase just by modifying the pump. If we rework the oiling system, then our high pressure oil limit isn’t the limiting factory anymore.

So, where is everyone running out of oil or what makes people think they are running out of oil?

With some of our experimental injectors, we can take the injector outside of the capacity of the high pressure pump before the engine reaches 2,000 rpms (mathematically. Depending on the tune, will depend if that actually happens or not. Most of the tunes we have run, the issues arises around 2200 - 2300 rpms)

I hope someone can make this all work. Think about what the 6.4 is doing right now. The real only difference with the 6.4 and the 6.0 is the fuel system. Look at how these motors works when you can put some real amounts of fuel to it.

Real ammounts of fuel?

How much fuel you want?
picture.php

I need to add some more pieces to the assembly, but you get the idea.

Yeah, we have those parts sitting on the table. We are well past the design stage.

Yeah, we have those parts sitting on the table. We are well past the design stage.

I knew you were. My point was that getting fuel isn't a problem. Seriously over fueling the motor to the point of using fuel to cool the combustion chamber just doesn't make sense.

That is just the stock pieces. Have to add some equations to the springs so they are tensioned when I mate them. But there are threads in the holes at the top. All of the holes are in the body for fuel to get in there. I still have to mate more of the pieces together. But its accurate down to .0001

You may want to revisit the oil side of things. There is a recess in the bottom of the intensifier bore that you didn’t draw in.

Not sure what the picture you have there is supposed to be...besides a stock injector without the top spool valve/solenoid section, and the bottom nozzle section.

What are you gonna change that is gonna be the "Sliced Bread" of all injectors?