highest hp record on a hx35?

Well, with 20 degrees of timing, 5 x .012" injectors, no plate, pump mods, and an 18.5cm housing, i did 435, but egts were past 1600 for almost the entire dyno run, and thats where my gauge stopped.

So, anything higher in hp on the hx35 has to be teetering on the 2000-2200 degree line.

I have the highest hp for a 98 qc 12 valve 4x4 5 speed that is light driftwood pearl built in June of 97 and sold at Dave Smith...

:bang

stoooooooooopid question.

How about keeping the HX-35, a 13mm pump, P&P head with bolt on plenum, big cam with fly cut pistons, a huge external wastegate, and 3 of the big bottles of "NOS"

not the highest, but i did 458/1053 with the stock housing, stock delivery valve, and it towed fine really.

Fixed it for you.

Speaking of records, have you ever held any besides Fletcher?:hehe:

Sorry not really into the whole HP record thing, doesn't take a genius to build big power, heck you did it so it can't be that hard :hehe:

btw your comment was pretty good, you owe me a new keyboard :hehe:

Last edited:
i did 382/1000 on my WH1C with an 18.5cm housing and it wasnt that hot. tows just fine too.

Garrett

H1C meaning the baby turbo on the non I/C first gens, though thats pretty impressive for a WH1C

not with the 18.5cm housing. when the stock housing was on and the wastegate plugged, it got HOT!.

Garrett

i never thought id be bragging about this, but...

i did 457hp with some 8x11's, drag comp and w/m.

i now have 7x14's, i "tweeked" my w/m and im trying find a tst or fms to stack with my smarty. i think she will do 500hp :bang

Here a graph from that run that Ed posted about. The truck usually runs a 66/74 but, we sent it off to get the wastegate pucks fixed and it didn't make it back before the dyno event. Little thing didn't do too bad. We made sure to shut the hood on the nitrous pull. :ft: :hehe:

IMAG0141.jpg

Just about every one posting here has upgraded their turbo and knows that pursuing a hx35 highest hp goal would be pointless.

my super hx40 made a big power jump on my truck (my butt dyno verified it).
which makes me wonder.... why didnt i buy a turbo sooner?!@?!:bang

Just about every one posting here has upgraded their turbo and knows that pursuing a hx35 highest hp goal would be pointless.

my super hx40 made a big power jump on my truck (my butt dyno verified it).
which makes me wonder.... why didnt i buy a turbo sooner?!@?!:bang

you may have bought a bigger turbo.. But it wasn't the right one.. I'm sure you just bought it cause it was used and cheap though.

Well... might not be cool to you, cuz your not the guy who held the record! :bigsmile:
These numbers were fuel only, with an 18.5 housing.
(Spraying an HX35 @ 500HP is simply Inhumane!)
If I'm not mistaken, the 94 WH1c is Identical to an HX35.
( 93 was slightly smaller? correct me if I'm wrong)

attachment.php

Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

Here a graph from that run that Ed posted about. The truck usually runs a 66/74 but, we sent it off to get the wastegate pucks fixed and it didn't make it back before the dyno event. Little thing didn't do too bad. We made sure to shut the hood on the nitrous pull. :ft: :hehe:

IMAG0141.jpg

yeah i definately scooted back about 30 feet from where i was standing on your last run, shielding my face... LOL

im going to take the twins off my 12 valve in pursuit of this "hx35" record :hehe:

Im running a h1c on my '01, spools good and has decent power though

you may have bought a bigger turbo.. But it wasn't the right one.. I'm sure you just bought it cause it was used and cheap though.

Zero, nada, zilch. brand new. not even a finger print on the thing untill the guy pulled it out of the box for me.

it wasent the turbo i wanted but the deal was too good!