holley black as lift pump

stangman95

I have searched different places and cant find a deffinite answer. Is anyone running a holley black successfully. I cant afford an airdog or fass setup right now but I need something. Will a holley black support me until I get the funds for an airdog or fass. All input is appreciated. thanks

It has been done on 24v trucks.

Why on yours? Stock pump dead? I'd put another stock one in it.

I have heard bad things about using the holley black as a pusher to the stock lift pump. Some things about diaphram failing and filling the block with fuel. Is this true?

What diaphragm?

Listen: stop, read, think.

Read and learn more before you start threads and make yourself look dumb. Kinda like your other thread: "Crazy EGTs? I have cut delivery valves and no plate: Why do I tow hot?" Don't become the moron that everyone ignores. This site has more resources than you can imagine and those resources aren't going to expend their valuable time answering questions that google can.

-Dustin-

Last edited:
look D!ck I have done plenty of research. And I would never expect my EGTs to be over 1500* constant with a compound setup moving that much air and with that much fuel pulled out. Im not an Idiot im just looking for someone with a really good knowledge of how these motors run to help me out with the more technical parts. Which apparently you are some F$%king GURU that can answer ALL my questions. There is a seal inside the factory mechanical lift pump and in theory if the pressure being sent to the factory lift pump was high enough it could push past and then into crankcase.

SO IF YOU THINK IM SUCH AN IDIOT THEN AVOID MY FREAKING POSTS. IF YOU HAVE GOOD INFORMATION THAN THANKS BUT AS I SEE SO FAR YOU DONT. YOU SEEM TO BE THE IDIOT THAT DOESNT UNDERSTAND THE QUESTION I ASKED IN THE CRAZY HIGH EGTS POST. thank you sir have a wonderful day :)

I tried to be nice, but you're obviously a moron. Obvious because you've spent alot of time researching and you still don't know anything about a Holley pump, if it works or is reliable. Enjoy not finding answers to your questions, please sell your truck and log off.

FMLACFFOCD

-Dustin-

Last edited:
look. I know how a holley works. phuckstick. I have a car that runs 6.00s in the 1/8th N/A. What I want an answer to is, will the holley black on its own provide my injection pump with the required amount of fuel at a high enough pressure. because yes the holley may pump 140 gph at 14psi free flow but what will that amount to behind the ppump. My question is not will it work but how well it will work on its own, not as an aid to the factory lift pump. Im not one of the idiots looking to blow "roll coal". so if someone with some inteligence could help me out instead of ignoring the question with an answer of "your a moron" it would help.

No it wont work you need a min of 25 psi fed to the injection pump. Either get a Fass or Airdog, if thats not an option get a stock lift pump.

Is that a clear and definite answer?

I would suggest searching and reading more if you dont want any of the members of this site giving you a hard time. They dont care for people with thin skin. I have read several threads about stock lift pumps, holley pumps, an other various options to know what you need to run for a lift pump.

Last edited:
ok. thanks so much. i tried finding the minimum requirement for the p pump but had no luck. I was probably wording it wrong. I also found several people using the black as a helper but not the answer I was looking for. Its just irratating when I did the research I could, thought I had a good handle on things then get bashed. whatever lol. thanks for the help.

Any time you search use any wording you can think of. With the lack of grammer skills of some people have, you can imagine how some people word things

Stangman, just to let you know your attitude won last you long here. Try that with one of the guys who has been around awhile, and you will be "no more". Just a simple warning.

And as an answer, no that will not work on its own. More fuel pressure to a ppump, the better so to say. You obviously don't know how to search because this type of info is all over the site.

Last edited:
I can't see your sig, but is this a stock truck? Or the one with compounds? What fueling mods do you have?

Either way, holley pump wont be good for anything other than driving around town.

sent from my phone

I called Holley one time while researching whether to use a Black pump or not. They said their seals and shafts are not designed or tesed on diesel fuel and they would not back the pump if it crapped out. With that being said, I know several folks who have used them and a one or two that swear by them.

FWIW, there you go.

The holley black will work fine if you use it to feed 14psi to the stock lift pump's inlet. Then the stock lift pump can step that up to 40+ psi.

Assuming your 97 has the stock 215 P-7100 pump, 45 psi should be your target WOT internal injection pump pressure.

I run my stock pump up to 65 psi and it does not have internal seal issues. The wire sprung lip seal on the stock lift pump push rod seals better the more pressure it has pushing against it.