Hood Stack!

Gibson

There's no love in diesel
Are they legal? I want one for my daily driver. Anybody ever had one on a daily driver? So far I'm stock with a predator on the way.

There is a bunch of info on this if you use the search function. Quick answer is No.

After a bit of thought now I have a question, Why would you want one on a daily ride? I have one on my pulling truck and everytime you start it crap goes everywhere. Do you guys just like having dirty trucks?

After a bit of thought now I have a question, Why would you want one on a daily ride? I have one on my pulling truck and everytime you start it crap goes everywhere. Do you guys just like having dirty trucks?

so true , and talk about being on the top ten list of how not to get some LOL so REDNECK. are you freinds with House ? LOL

You want one on your daily driver and the only mod that you have is predator?

most states have a "exhaust must exit behind cab" law..
plus I would think a hood stack on a DD would be horrible!! your defrost and heat and AC all suck fresh air from up front by the cowl....the air it sucks in will be diesel exhaust..and it will be pumped into your whole cab...I don't have nor have I ever had a hood stack..but when I think about that smell staining your cab it makes my eyes burn..
I know my truck sucks in diesel smell when I back out of my driveway with the heater or defrost on..

Why people want to cut a hole in the hood of a perfectly good DD truck is beyond me. Or why you would want a hood stack on a DD anyway? I guess it would be a good way to get a lot of funny looks and laughs ? :poke: :kick:

where's bosshawg or roachie at?? They have them and from what I've noticed they love them. I know a guy in town that had one on a pstroke and never got in trouble for it. But as far as i know they are illegal, although if you want one and are willing to take the risk go for it. Its your money and your truck!

btw roachie has some really good pics of his on the forum

Maybe he saw the Hoodstack Girls:woohoo:

Lmao! I'm not into the normal things I like to be me I guess. And I've had stacks. Duals. Side pipes etc but hood stack. Why not? It looks cool and plus my hood is dented and scratched. And if you noticed I'm from Texas. Where there is rednecks at every corner

Dont knock the hood stack til you've tried it!

1) never had a problem with exhaust smell in the cab....but what the problem in that?

2) its WAY quieter than ANY other exhaust system i have ever had. Dont believe me, come for a ride!

3) onlt reason i did a hood stack is to be different. Every one and their redneck brother has stack....not many people rocking the hood stack!

4) I dont know why i am numbering my points.

plus if you want to get attentiuon...this is the way to do it! I took a trip through the Indy Jambo, alla round $100K show truck and i guarentee i got more looks than any of them! but it could have been me having to drive in 1st gear 4low ;)

oh and i used a junk hood i had lying around to cut a hole in.......ok 2 holes in. I love the set up but too many people trow a fit when I pull, so its comming off :(

Yea most places dont allow a hood stack in the "street" class. Atleast around here they dont allow it. There was a guys who cut a hole in his passenger fender and ran it that way so he could still have it up front but wasnt technically a hood stack

Yea most places dont allow a hood stack in the "street" class. Atleast around here they dont allow it. There was a guys who cut a hole in his passenger fender and ran it that way so he could still have it up front but wasnt technically a hood stack

You read my mind! I'll be cutting away this coming weekend. Before and after pics for sure

i know in PA it has to be behind the cab and i know for sure cant have anything blocking the vision of the driver

ps i have thought about it because there is atleast 25 trucks with stacks around here but i dont think the state boys would like my name on the back of the inspection sticker with a hood stack lol

Back