how hard to change flexplate 500 miles from home

On everything?

red loctite is for vibration and diesel's love to rattle things loose. I always use red loctite on the very first 2-3 threads and use anti-sieze on the rest of the shank to the head (giggity). That way it locks the fastener and keeps the threads rust free. Little thing I picked up working on USMC equipment where they have a "22 year corrosion protection" policy.

Well, flexplate is thin but fine. No missing or loose bolts. No wallowed holes. But hey, at least now I have a good Conv and flexplate. Now just have to fix the od snap ring. Hopefully before it fixes me.

So what was the noise? Mine was horrible and turned out to be the starter kicking out when hot!

Well, not sure if the od snap ring chunks that have fallen out so far can cause it to be that much out of balance, but when I took the rear shaft off, one bearing/cup assembly was bad. I shook and wiggled the hell out of the shaft a couple weeks ago and had no movement. Maybe it was in a bind. I have ujoints for both ends of it. We'll see once I get it all put back how it works. Have to get the snap ring replaced before I'm walking. Aaaaaaaa

Thanks for everyone's help. Other than the wind, rain, sand storm, and near freezing temp drop, things went smooth for my first auto trans r&r. Got Conv and flexplate and filter in just fine. Trans filled up easy. Made it home and to see my son with no prob. Getting the od assembly rebuilt now. Half the time when it shifts into od it barks the turbo.