how much do you enjoy passing other trucks

Well steel coil permits are limited to 120,000 in Ohio on 5 axles, KY is 6 axles, and 7 axles are limited to 120k in Michigan however some places don't have scales so the sky is the limit there. Not uncommon to see a truck with 100k+ net. A friend picked up 4 coils at 132,000 net on 5 axles. That's why Mac Trailer offers triple bag axles as a factory option.:lolly:
photo-25.jpg

Ahhh I hate those douchebags. If you can't move with the flow of traffic stay the phuck over. Hills don't bother me as bad as the douchers with the company trucks with speed limiters (or those damned Canadians). You get a 63mph truck passing a 63.5 mph truck for 5 miles and they can't understand why no one will let them out in the left lane anymore.

Very cool bag set up. Ive never seen that. As for the snail racers I cant stand them. I-45 was really bad about them last time I ran down there. I remember three 63mph trucks in a line trying to pass three or four 62 mph trucks. It took them about 20 miles no joke. Fortunately up here the local ag haulers keep them in check and in the slow lane:lolly:.

original 262 gonna run her till i get some money to put somethin else in it, i wish i could fit a k model in her

Gee I could have swore you bought that for fuel mileage! Haha

It's a great feeling, it makes my day having 7 axles on the ground, 85,000+ net and you blow past a fleet truck going uphill with his flashers on. Oh and the pyro is under 900* with 60psi of boost.

J the mileage was/is a bonus.. up to around 7.9 average now.
do you have the pyro pre or post turbo?
Pius is building me another turbo as i only run in level 2 loaded and can barely touch 1300 at full tilt..
also for you cat guys he already has a 700hp turbo and is working on a 800hp new turbo.. he just found a new comp wheel that he thinks is going to be the "one"..
as far as rolling road slowers they piss me off also.. im not one of those and dont think i will ever be.. i cant stand them.

original 262 gonna run her till i get some money to put somethin else in it, i wish i could fit a k model in her

or we turn it up and put another tubo on it.. hey maybe you should think about using that 5000 on it...

We had a 58 Pete with a 220 that we turboed, it'd pull Cuesta grade at 13 MPH at 80k or 7 MPH if you missed a gear lol.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

haha thats awesome! so thats what i get to look forward to! no powersteering twin sticks and 13mph over a 7% garde! haha

LOL thats haulin!!!! and questa grade is a biatch.. sometimes its good to remember how good we have it these days.

Good ol MAC trailers. Made in alliance Ohio. 15 min from me and his daughters are 5 min from me. Hehehe

J the mileage was/is a bonus.. up to around 7.9 average now.
do you have the pyro pre or post turbo?
Pius is building me another turbo as i only run in level 2 loaded and can barely touch 1300 at full tilt..
also for you cat guys he already has a 700hp turbo and is working on a 800hp new turbo.. he just found a new comp wheel that he thinks is going to be the "one"..
as far as rolling road slowers they piss me off also.. im not one of those and dont think i will ever be.. i cant stand them.

While a good comp wheel would be nice, the real problem lies when you push past 800, the C16 turbo from Borg Warner with the non wastegated housing seems to be the ticket until you get close to 800, then something needs done on the exhaust side to open up the breathing without going to big.

I hope you get something figured out, as far as your turbo goes, the 855s are finicky when it comes to turbos.

Pius has a couple of different turbos for 855's depending on how its tuned.. one for higher rpms and the one im getting can be pulled down through the torque peak but as we all know and he says that will be hard on parts, mostly the bottom end. I dont plan on trying to pull that hard down that low but its geared so it runs at 1400ish at 65. we will see how his works.
i know pius has been waiting on this comp wheel for a while for the kittys and was trying to finish the first one up today so it could get tested..

It's a close tie to the drag racing. But when I'm the last vehicle passing in the left lane and that one truck cuts me off. I look in my mirror and confirm; Yep no one behind me for miles...

Yep, damn fun. It's not like I may be "working" or "going some where". It's like these trucks have this idea that their time is more important then mine.

Get your lazy arse up 15 minutes earlier and you won't have to drive so fast to get to work on time.:poke: I always allow extra time to walk to work. If there's ice, or a flock of turkeys blocking the driveway, it could add 15 seconds to my "commute". If a vehicle is blocking my path, I'm allowed to use deadly force, or at least ask my son to move his car.
I've never even sat in a big truck. Would be interesting just to see how everything works.

It's pretty easy once you get the hang of it, Ron. It's similar to pulling a gooseneck trailer with a pickup but on a much larger scale.

Here's an inside shot of my truck, just so you can see how the peterbilts are layed out
aefdb4a4-5506-d5fe.jpg

aefdb4a4-553b-6938.jpg

Ron any time you want to go for a ride let me know.. if you need anything transported let me know..

them petes must be related to chevies somewheres in the dark past. as you can see its on the rag, the seat is pounded out and cracking to bits, and its got a check engine light going on. J/K We just 3 new IH tractors at work, very comfy ride, great shifting, very quiet on the road. they top out about 68-70 but since most of out trailers run about 80% of canadian 6 axle weight they hold up ok on the hills. I've been guilty sometimes in the past of doing a slow pass, but I try to pick the largest opening in traffic and then do the best I can to get it done. the ones that annoy me the most are those cars trucks who pull out right in front of you, when there is nothing behind you for 10 miles

Get your lazy arse up 15 minutes earlier and you won't have to drive so fast to get to work on time.:poke: I always allow extra time to walk to work. If there's ice, or a flock of turkeys blocking the driveway, it could add 15 seconds to my "commute". If a vehicle is blocking my path, I'm allowed to use deadly force, or at least ask my son to move his car.
I've never even sat in a big truck. Would be interesting just to see how everything works.

I can't really ever be "late", like you. A meeting, sure, but I can just call in. Very rarely do I actually have to be in the office at a specific time.

It's just the matter of sitting in traffic doing nothing while some dumb**** doesn't give a damn about anyone else besides them selves. This goes in general for everyone else to. Just get the F outa the left lane if there is absolutely no one in front of you. Speeding up to get over is not going to get you a freaking ticket! I'll get the ticket when you move over and I proceed to go 100mph.

I never got my CDL, but way back in a past life I did drive and move around a fair share of tractor trailers with in huge private parking lots like football stadiums and what not. I worked for an event company and we at times has 10-20 trailers worth of crap. When a truck driver wasn't around and the truck needed to move or what ever when loading or unloading I normally did the moving around or wise we're sitting waiting... NON-union so... heh :)

Once you ride along with driver to and understand what all the knobs and switches do, it's not hard. In fact it's easier to back up a 77' trailer then a little boat with your pick up IMHO. Hooking up to a trailer was weird the first time by my self. Did an 8 wheel burn out, that was... bumpy. heh.

I got my truck/trailer wake up call when I was tugging a flat bed around Chryslers head quarters. I was just following a few other trucks that where going up the same curbs cuz it was rather tight parking lot.... I was told I was grossing 65k and I didn't even feel a nudge when the trailer walked up the curb at 5mph. heh.. that would of broken something on a 1ton truck with a heavy flat bed I'm sure.

My trailers together are 78' feet but I gross 105-110k all the time, I hit a large size deer once doing 75mph, think I felt it? Hell the only reason I knew I even HIT it was the blood that splattered all over the windshield LOL

I will admit to a dick move a few weeks ago. I was headed to Virginia running up through Tn in my work truck pulling a 20' trailer. I was in the left lane running 75 or so with nobody in front of or behind me fora good way when one of those 63 mph douchebags whipped out to pass a 62 mph douchebag...I had to stand on the brakes literally to not hit this azzhole. He was looking right at me in his mirror so I made sure to tell him he was #1.
Anyway...after the 5 mile pass he finally got back over right as we hit a nice long hill. By then traffic had caught up so when I got over in front of him in the right lane the left lane was full for a goods ways....so i eased on the brakes and slowed mr douchebag down to a smoking 30 mph headed up a 6% grade. After he got done telling me I was #1 I just floored the old DMax and drove off.....I bet he's still trying to get up that hill. LOL

YES RICH! YES!!!!!! I've done that more times then I can count. That the best way to piss off these moron truckers! LOL

Back