how much hp on fuel only 6.0

The fords are coming for use chevy and dodge guys. New common rail already got factory bull**** turbos. Should be interesting within the next year or so to see how there new common rails hold up.

Roughly when do you think y'alls motor is gonna be done? I'm actually REAL curious to see how much power y'all make since you're throwin' all the good stuff at it. Wanna see how far I can push my '68.

Roughly when do you think y'alls motor is gonna be done? I'm actually REAL curious to see how much power y'all make since you're throwin' all the good stuff at it. Wanna see how far I can push my '68.

Tim said in another thread that he isn't saying when anymore. As you and anyone else who have built something from the ground up knows, when never actually comes. Just one day it happens.

Thanks Chad. Your 100% correct. Danny, I really want to make Scheids, but given the fact that EVERYTHING is custom for the truck.....(as you are finding out, or will LOL), its hard to get an estimate. Once Gene is done with it, it comes here, and the motor and tranny go in, Fit all the Di Pricol gauges, (theres a bunch of them) and whatever else I need to do to finish up the loose ends. Then to Hellmans to do the intercooler and plumbing of the turbos. Then fire it up and tune the crap out of it, then to Dennis's for Nitrous.....who better right? I'm lucky, and the folks that have sponsored know what a PITA it is to do a full custom build. I know this is a fuel only thread, and given the fact that CASS is making me "HUGE" injectors, LOL I should be able to make some descent numbers, but its gonna be HOT! I completely intend to spray the crap out of it, and thats where the power should come from.

Much like my truck, there will probably be a lot of folks. Eric is going to do the initial tuning for sure. The plan that I talked about a while ago is to take it to Dennis's shop and leave it and let him tune the nitrous. TS has their (flip flop eating, LOL way to go Rico) dyno setup, and Eric says he can send tunes down to try. Also Eric has the FICM tuning that he has been testing on the Ranger motors FICM pretty much down. It is being run this weekend at a race for some last minute testing. Doug and DJ have both offered as well.

cool..thats kinda what I figured..bunch of different people tuning..

I honestly am excited about your build..I just cant wait to see what kind of numbers it puts down and 1/4 mile times it runs..hopefully it will turn some heads and let the uh oh be competitive(if you have enough money)LOL

Thanks Adam, I am looking forward to it as well. I am hoping it lays down good numbers, and thats the plan, but I am doing it to have a good time too. If we don't light the world on fire we are turning it into a cooler. LOL

Thanks Adam, I am looking forward to it as well. I am hoping it lays down good numbers, and thats the plan, but I am doing it to have a good time too. If we don't light the world on fire we are turning it into a cooler. LOL

LOL, that will be a damn nice cooler! I think your truck will will shock everyone! That thing is on track to make some bad azz power! Cant wait to see it Tim!

HPO is definetly a problem that needs to be addressed. Power potential is definetly there!

I keep hearing about some 6.0 dual systems in the works, but I've been hearing that for over a year. I've yet to see or hear of someone with a PROVEN commercially available system.

its only an issue when the sticks are 275 cc or over..most normal trucks are just fine with the stock hpop.

I keep hearing about some 6.0 dual systems in the works, but I've been hearing that for over a year. I've yet to see or hear of someone with a PROVEN commercially available system.

I keep hearing it too, Terminator is working on a single pump to fllow more. I just cant believe that no one has a twin pump kit that works right yet. Hopefully soon, cause that will make for some really nasty runnin 6.0's!!

The problem with a twin set up is there is no space. So, one pump will have to be remote mounted and run. Then there is an issue of leakage, belts and what not. It is just easer to make a high flowing pump.

Bob Riley from the dieselsite.com has a high flow pump. That's what dan is running.

Same Dan,

I wasn't there and I don't personally know Dan (just his truck as I featured it for Diesel Power). As most of us have experienced or seen, if the truck isn’t dyno’ed the best, the turbo’s won’t light and produce the trucks true hp.

I was at the Buda, TX dyno event earlier this year and Will Underwood was there. He is a fully documented 900+ hp Cummins. But when he dyno'ed that day, he only laid down 650ish horsepower, because he couldn't get the turbo's to light.

The other thing to consider: I don't know what injectors Dan is using. I know his turbo set up is designed for 600 hp. So, he may have the appropriate size injectors for 600 hp. If so, then it isn't the pump falling on its face, it is just what the engine was designed to put out. Know what I mean?

Tadd built the truck, he would be able to answer the injector size, turbo and overall configuration of the truck. Not sure why SHU873 said it fell on its face. Maybe he knows something I don't. But from my understanding the pump can almost maintain 430cc for a full 1/4 mile.

^^^^ well depends.... theres multible variables on a 6.0 but oil is a big one..... but when you get that figured out big hp is there, just alot of money time and head banging!!!