How to fix wheel hop

as6.4stroke

I have a 09 Ford f250 and i am haveing really bad wheel hop when pulling is there anyway fix this? Could I put a 4 link up front any input will be appreciated at this point. Thanks

since you are talking about the front I am guessing your talking about how the Fords front end seems to shutter real bad? If your talking about the rear end you need to block it and add traction bars. If your talking about the front some of my buddie found that adding weight helped them out.

and to be honest your kinda on the wrong setup to be pulling. leveled with the blocks is hurting you. Not so much the level but the blocks could be m aking the hop worse. Also those tires arent helping you much either.

Ashton has a set of 35 A/T's that he's been pullin with I think.

I think you're gonna need dual or tripple shocks up front Ashton. Trav straps his tight as he can, and sometimes that does the trick but it definately ain't the cure.

well i strapped it down last night and it helped but i did it to far back so im going to try it closer to the axle, and im looking at a 4 link setup for the front like a dodge has and some bilsteins shocks.

Hey tom i pulled a 278 last night and got 2nd

And no im still pulling with the 37's they boy that beat me had buck shots so i dont think it is the tire and the truck leans to the front its not completely level.

Good deal man!

Strap around the axle tube itself.

Trav goes around the axle up to the crossmember, uses a prybar to really crank down on the strap.

He's gettin wheel hop like a mofo this year, but last year with more worn tires he was pullin really smooth.

When that aggressive of a tire is grabbin and slippin it's gonna cause wheel hop. No if, ands, or butts.

The only trucks I've ever seen successfully pull with really aggressive tires were sub 400, or over 700.

You don't quite have the power to blow them loose, but you've got enough to make 'em slip.

So shocks, strap, A/T's, will help kill that hop I think.

I dunno about RCD...

PM Big_R and ask him about 4links. Think he 4 linked his front end.

Watch this video of my old truck http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PjQlcBVhRk&feature=fvsrand tell me if yours is doing the same chatter??? That is a Ford style suspension with there radius arms mounted to a dodge D60. I have been to a ton of pulls and watched TONS of fords with that style of suspension chatter like that. There is a really simple fix that is really quite cheap. Install a set of these
http://http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CEE-2600/

These shocks will take all wheel hop and chatter out of your front instantly...your truck will lift up when leaving the line and gradually settle as you go down the track.
Pretty easy to do...mount a few tabs on the frame and axle and bolt them on.

Good luck...Ryan

here is a video of my truck doing what im talking about watch the front wheel it wil shake the whole truck, do you have any pics of yor setup on the truck? thanks
just click on the photo and it will play the video

I can tell you this rancho 9000 do not work... hopped like crazy this weekend on me... im ordering the summit shocks before the next pull.

looks like the top mount is the same, ill just build a spacer for the bottom part since the shock is about 8 inches shorter than the stockers, i did some looking and thats the longest shock you can get that has the 90/10 valving option

well those are pro comp es9000 on the front im looking at rivercity diesels 4 link kit. yeah those shocks are nice but wouldnt work because of my leveling kit. i strapped it down the first time and it helped a little bit.

strapping is bad though because you need down trave to keep the tires contacted to the dirt

I just think you need to avoid RCD. Never really heard anything good outa that shop. And a lot of mud slinging from them.

There's gotta be a shock set up that will get rid of that. Might take duals, there's a reason off-road guys use multiple shocks.