How to fix wheel hop

My next hook isnt till the 14th but im going to try some of the summit shocks, im almost positive it will fix it.

well those are pro comp es9000 on the front im looking at rivercity diesels 4 link kit. yeah those shocks are nice but wouldnt work because of my leveling kit. i strapped it down the first time and it helped a little bit.

Do you have any pictures of your suspension....I honestly can't see why you couldn't mount then 90/10's. You have to make custom brackets to make it work. I mounted to vertical tabs on the frame (rear of the axle) for the thru bolt to go thru to fasten the shock down. Then on the the trailing arm I welded a piece of angle iron to it and drilled a hole for the side of the stud on the shock and bolted it all down. I would recomend that if your driving it on the road to just pull the shock off (takes seconds to do).

After looking at your video, I wouldn't spend any money on this 4-link kit without trying this first, Ford has a great suspension but durring pulling the wheels chatter just like mine where with the ford style setup. 2 shocks fixed all my problems and it pulled way way better when I put them on.

Ryan

Do you have any pictures of your suspension....I honestly can't see why you couldn't mount then 90/10's. You have to make custom brackets to make it work. I mounted to vertical tabs on the frame (rear of the axle) for the thru bolt to go thru to fasten the shock down. Then on the the trailing arm I welded a piece of angle iron to it and drilled a hole for the side of the stud on the shock and bolted it all down. I would recomend that if your driving it on the road to just pull the shock off (takes seconds to do).

After looking at your video, I wouldn't spend any money on this 4-link kit without trying this first, Ford has a great suspension but durring pulling the wheels chatter just like mine where with the ford style setup. 2 shocks fixed all my problems and it pulled way way better when I put them on.

Ryan

Im sure you exactly right. Pretty much what i plan on doing is using the top mount (stud) like normal then making an extension peice for the bottom. So it will use the factory hole on the bottom with an adapter plate to fill the gap, and change from a thru bolt to the vertical tabs too. should come off and on just as easy ans stock shocks but make the pulling alot better, ill post pics in this thread when they are done.l

Ryan

It would be nice if i could get some pics of your suspension? Do you think that I should do away with the pro comps and put these on there?

I landed up searching thru a bunch of pics of my desk top computer and found some of the shock setup. Here they are...gives you an idea and it was pretty simple to do and worked well. you will get the most effect from the shock the further out from the pivot point as possible (ie...infront of the axle)

suspensionand3wayadjustabledragshoc.jpg

adjustabledragshockputthemonlastyea.jpg

Also, as stated in the above post...you should be getting the 90/10 shocks that are for the front suspension. I am sure you can make brackets for them to work.

Ryan

this helps alot im goign to order some of these i have a buddy that works in a mack truck shop so this should be interesting haha as to how we mount them. oh yeah here guys he are some still shots from saturday.

Shutterfly

Shutterfly

what i think im goign to do is make a bracket to come out from the stock location about 3 to 4 inches on top and bottom. do u think that would work.

i was doing some searching and i came across these bad boys. looks like they should fit great for our trucks, we will just have to get the bar and pin out of the bottoms to stick a bolt through, but i think it will work. Only problem is on competition engineerings web site the compression damning ratios seam to be bakwards to what we need, but it doesnt make sense since it is a drag shock????Competition Engineering 2647 - Competition Engineering Adjustable Drag Shocks - Overview - SummitRacing.com

Only problem is on competition engineerings web site the compression damning ratios seam to be bakwards to what we need, but it doesnt make sense since it is a drag shock????Competition Engineering 2647 - Competition Engineering Adjustable Drag Shocks - Overview - SummitRacing.com

In that link they are refering to the compression/extiontion ratio of the rear shocks. The drag shogs in the 90/10 setting extend with 10% of the overall force and it takes 90% of the force to compress them.

The rear shocks are the exact opposite. Takes 70% of the force to extend them and then 30% to compress them

In that link they are refering to the compression/extiontion ratio of the rear shocks. The drag shogs in the 90/10 setting extend with 10% of the overall force and it takes 90% of the force to compress them.

The rear shocks are the exact opposite. Takes 70% of the force to extend them and then 30% to compress them

Thanks for the clarification, i thought thats how they had to be but the wording was all wrong.

im going to mount those shocks on the front of the axle is that where u recomend them being mounted at

yup, thos are the ones. Mount them out front of the axle for maximum dampening and you will be amazed at how it drives. I would make them very simple to put on and off as I wouldn't drive with them on the road.

Ryan

yeah do mount them all the way extended, out or half way out. Im going to mount the in the front of the axle

I would mount them so that they are only 1/4 of the way extended when the truck is sitting with the weight on it like it will when pulling. When you take off with the truck the front end is actually going to pop into the air real easy and gradually level back down. You don't want to limit the extention travel or you will have issues.