How to fix wheel hop

hey just called to order those shocks and those dont hae the eyelet through the bottom the have a bar pin did ur have the same thing?

yeah, exact same shock...just pulled the pin out of there (took a bit of force) and then slid a bolt thru. Check out my pic on page 2 on how I did it.

Ryan

I ordered mine too, i think they should be here today or tomorrow, hopefully before friday, i got a pull friday night.

shocks didnt work for me, hopped like crazy twisted the front drive line and broke a rear drive axle i think, ill post the vids tomorrow... was sure hoping that was the fix

I was wondering if dodges dont hop because the shock is in the coil spring? anythoughts?

wow,what where you air pressures as? My whole setup was identical to the fords other than....you know what...this may be the difference...the 2 large bushings in the trailing arms up by the axle. I wasn't able to buy Ford ones at the time so I contacted energy suspension and got 4 that where aprox the right size and then made up the axle brackets to make them work.

Ryan

30psi up front for air pressure. Ill post the vid in about an hour.

they are ordered be here thursday or friday

Does ur truck have traction bars? I was lookin at ur pictures and couldn't tell, It sure does squat in the rear.
Nice lookin truck by the way...Love the King Ranch

Buy a duramax, add sleeves and a straight centerlink and beat up on fords on the pulling track all day and night guaranteed...

all i did was mount them exactly how the stock shocks are... i think thats what is killing me, I cut the bottom of the shock, and welded in extensions so they bolted up just like stock, stud up top, bolth thru the bottom. I dont have pictures but they are a good 4 inches behind the coil spring. What i dont get is there was a 6.0 ford, still had radius arms, was lifted and it didnt hop at all ill post a vid in a min, he said he was running billstien 5150s, im wondering if 20 inch wheels with a small tire is the root cause...

could be....so you have the shocks on the rear side of the front axle? To get the most effect from these shocks you need to move them out front of the axle and also, make sure you have them set on the 90/10 setting and not the 80/20 or the 70/30 settings

Ryan

could be....so you have the shocks on the rear side of the front axle? To get the most effect from these shocks you need to move them out front of the axle and also, make sure you have them set on the 90/10 setting and not the 80/20 or the 70/30 settings

Ryan

They are set 90/10 for sure i played with them for a long time to make sure i had the right setting, but yes they are behind the spring, so they dont have the leverage that they would at the spring or in front of the spring, i think ill try and run a stock shock, and run these shocks in addition to the others at the track... sucked i did some damage to my **** yesterday.

IMG_1518.JPG

IMG_1521.JPG

IMG_1522.JPG

IMG_1525.JPG

oh, so you where only running the drag shock and no other??? yeah, deffinatly not the best way of going. I personally don't think the drag shock has enough dampening by its self but in conjunction with the stock shock it was enough on mine anyway.

Yeah lol, the RS9000 did better alone than these did, im gunna try and run both at the next pull, and put the drag shocks in front of the spring, my last effort, then its 4 link