How to fix wheel hop

Buy a duramax, add sleeves and a straight centerlink and beat up on fords on the pulling track all day and night guaranteed...

Do you need directions to a more appropriate area of the forum?

Or possibly a more appropriate forum?

Yeah lol, the RS9000 did better alone than these did, im gunna try and run both at the next pull, and put the drag shocks in front of the spring, my last effort, then its 4 link

That sucks bad Dustin.

Up until this point I've been truly amazed that the 6.4 drivetrain was living through the hop. Guess you finally found the "enough" point.

Hope y'all get it figured out without spending to much more money man.

Do you need directions to a more appropriate area of the forum?

Or possibly a more appropriate forum?

That sucks bad Dustin.

Up until this point I've been truly amazed that the 6.4 drivetrain was living through the hop. Guess you finally found the "enough" point.

Hope y'all get it figured out without spending to much more money man.
Your right, i have been super lucky this far, i pushed the truck way to hard last year on all stock parts, and i had great luck, and i still have, The front driveshaft was my own fault, i knew it was the weak link and i put it on the back burner, and that kinda bit me in the ass, but i know that i can get a couple axles lined out so its not a huge loss, def going to carry spares so i can get home next time on my own power :doh:

Ill get it man, at first i was a little dissapointed that i havent got dual fuelers, or the custom turbo that were planned for the truck, but if the suspension cant handle 650 ish hp then it definatly wont handle 725+

Doesnt sound like ill have the parts till after the next pull, so this will give me one more chance to get it dialed, then i can turn up the power some more.

Well, I've been super hard on mine at a low power level, tryin to find weak area's after the usual reinforcements. Nothing yet, but there's always that one track, or that one day...

I'm at alot of pulls with PSD_Trav and it just makes me cringe watchin him come off the line.

I'd say that you runnin 37's all last year and everything you've done with the truck this year kinda prove that drivetrain though. Hell, it made it through DPC right?

Thank god nothing broke at the DPC, I strapped the front end down though... i didnt want to risk it, and i knew it worked, granted it cost me some footage, but i won in the finals simply because it didnt hop, and i made it past the 150 foot mark without a bad bounce or anything.... sometimes less is more.

Well, I think Ashton (as6.4stroke) was puttin the same shock out front on his.

I haven't heard anything from him, but hopefully he posts up.

whats up guys, the shocks come in thursday but im stuck in alabama at school and the truck and the shocks are at home ,im in my car so im going home tomorrow to work on the truck all week to mount the shocks ans build a weight rack for saturday night ill take pics when i do.

being able to hang weight is going to help you too, i was 7990 with me in it, no spare no tailgate, roll pan, and 1/4 tank of fuel. So not hanging weight way out front is going to hurt the hop a bit... not saying that much truck isnt heavy up front though

i weighed 8550 at the last pull with me in it im goign to take my toolbox, the tailgate, the spare and thats about all i can take off.

Take that little tray out behind the back seat, thats pretty heavy, you should be able to get down to about 7900 i would bet whats the weight class 8500?

Only the stock class in MSDP is 8500. Class 2 and up is supposed to be an 8k weight break.

okay guys i need some help on moutning these things here are some pics of what im working with and where im holding the shocks is where im thinking about mounting them

015-2.jpg

016-1.jpg

017.jpg

018-1.jpg

019-1.jpg

020-1.jpg

021-1.jpg

022-1.jpg

look at ballistic fabrication, i think they have laser cut shock brackets for ya already made. great products!

Maybe take the sway bar links off and re-make some with three holes. Bottom to axle, middle to sway bar and top to shock. Then just add a piece of angle iron on the frame for the upper mount.

i think im goign to go get some u bolts made and make some brackets and use those because im pressed for time my pull is saturday

I think the further out in front that shock is the more it'll do for you.