How to fix wheel hop

well i pulled last night ,trying to upload the video right now, the truck pulled great i didnt get the shocks mounted i just strapped the radius arm down and it pulled smooth, i pulled a 344ft

Last edited:
Looked good....I have been busy with work for the last few days so I didn't have any time to reply. You deffinatly want the shock out as far as possible from the axle (forward) as you can. I have never really looked at the front end of the fords in person so its hard to know which way to go without crawling under a truck!

Ryan

You're on the right track Ryan.

They need something further forward.

well she pulled smooth so im happy for right now i have a feeling this truck maybe a full blown pulling truck them 2011 are so pretty

Sell it and buy one with a manual tranny!

Or, stick with what you have, since it's tougher than a ZF6, and gives you the ability to downshift at the end of the track when those big tires drag the motor down.

yeah thats what im thinking im looking at fully built suncoast in there to replace that 5r110w

im just gunna strap for truckfest, i got way too much other chit going on right now for this season, next year ill have something sweet up front.

Or, stick with what you have, since it's tougher than a ZF6, and gives you the ability to downshift at the end of the track when those big tires drag the motor down.

You will save yourself a lot of money in the long run with the zf on a pulling truck. Not downshifting will also save you money in broken parts.

im just gunna strap for truckfest, i got way too much other chit going on right now for this season, next year ill have something sweet up front.

i went around the radius arm up around the frame and tightened it down my truck looked like it didnt have a leveling kit on it

here is a pic of it strapped down
189.jpg

Im having the same problem as everyone else. Are you putting the strap as close to the axel, yet still on the radius arm as possible.

I know this thread is pretty old, but it caught my eye cause I pulled a couple times with 37s as well. I ditched the 4 link stock dodge design on my 96 12v and went with some radius arms from DT profab like these here: http://www.dtprofab.com/Dodge-Long-Arm-Kit_c_8.html Those coupled with some king 2.5" remote reservoir shocks and I've seen virtually no wheel hop. Really solid front end, and it still rides great and has amazing travel... if you are in to that kind of thing. I'm definitely no pro puller, but I was very impressed at the smoothness of this front end. Heres a video of a pull before I had done some rear stops and traction bars... not a bad pull until it broke, can't believe I hesitated, goes bad every time... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruJjmE1xfeE

hey guys if any of yall need one of those shocks from summit i have one that i cant send back might have to let me know if yall want it.

im strapping it down everytime until i can get my four link and with it straped down the front end is pulling like a cadillac smooth down the track