How to word a box charger turbo rule

Off topic. In my opinion, (not that it matters) I don't see a problem with basically open driveline. Let them run whatever big, cheap driveline they want. Keep the weight up there to work with the heavy driveline.

No performance advantage, and it prevents guys from potentially needing to buy a AAM/ect and possibly needing to buy good parts for it.

Years ago with the alcohol blower trucks, engine and weight being equal, the sled operators had to set the sled heavier for 2wd than 4wd. Pick the front end up, get it balanced and hooked to the track, it'll be harder on driveline than you think.

Either the box turbo idea or just put a claimer rule on the class.. Any charger can be purchased off of any truck within the class for $xxx set amount of money set forth by the organization. So at the end of the event if you want the winners charger you go forward pay the claimer fee and go collect your charger. This keeps everyone in some form of check we use it alot in dirt track racing.

Off topic. In my opinion, (not that it matters) I don't see a problem with basically open driveline. Let them run whatever big, cheap driveline they want. Keep the weight up there to work with the heavy driveline.

No performance advantage, and it prevents guys from potentially needing to buy a AAM/ect and possibly needing to buy good parts for it.

Years ago with the alcohol blower trucks, engine and weight being equal, the sled operators had to set the sled heavier for 2wd than 4wd. Pick the front end up, get it balanced and hooked to the track, it'll be harder on driveline than you think.

I agree .

Sealing turbos would have some challenges, what happens when one blows up on a fryday and there is a pull on Saturday ? Turbos would need to be marked in the correct position for install then sealed. Not to mention you would still have to tech the turbos because there are ways to fake a seal

I think the gt42 ( 3x3 ) tractor classes not only specified the turbo center section but also had a list of housings that were legal also. It wasn't just a box turbo class but supposed to be bolt on parts for those box turbos also.

What if I want to run a holset, or run my factory garret?

What if I want to run a holset, or run my factory garret?

You run what the class says to run or put back on the trailer. Kinda of the point of a box charger rule. To take the advantage away from the turbo and put it back in the truck. What you want to run doesn't matter in this class. If you want the option to run what ever charger you want there are plenty of classes already for that.

In the tractor side of things, has this really taken hold anywhere, and did it do as intended?

You run what the class says to run or put back on the trailer. Kinda of the point of a box charger rule. To take the advantage away from the turbo and put it back in the truck. What you want to run doesn't matter in this class. If you want the option to run what ever charger you want there are plenty of classes already for that.

Oh, sorry sir. Didn't realize there were an array of 2wd classes to choose from.

And its supposed to be a "cheap" class, but its forcing me to upgrade to a s300 frame. Which of course isn't a huge deal for those 6cyl folks.

And its supposed to be a "cheap" class, but its forcing me to upgrade to a s300 frame. Which of course isn't a huge deal for those 6cyl folks.

If $1000 is to expensive for you then there is nope hope for you in this sport. At the end of the day someone will beotch no matter how good the rules are. You just need to try and make the majority happy and deal with the rest.

I'm sure if you wanted to run a unmodded stocker they wouldn't say anything. But then you run into the cheater chargers and guys running 71mm stockers. You dmax guys are famous for those

Hey its not me!

I wasn't trying to start anything, I just think a rule that only lets you run one size/brand will turn guys away.

Not sure about other places but hotfarm around here always ran a stock gt42 included part numbers in the rules. Then also had a few different exhaust housings that were legal to run with part numbers aswell. So far as taken hold anywhere this has been used for years and still is. But its like any rule paying spots should be teched after the class is over if you want a check.