HP & TQ gains through fuel lubrication

Fahlin Racing

Since the sulfur in diesel had an effect on flow efficiency, and its been reduced over the recent decade. What are some good products out there to use. I know Lucas Fuel Treatment works (I am sure others say no), but is it good enough for high-perf, high speed, or as Ricardo put it, RAPID COMBUSTION? Any additive qualify for use in high-perf.

I haven't really looked for specified high-perf diesel fuel but I am sure lubricity is a large factor.

Scheids additive with stanadyne pump lube at double the dose :thumbup:

Sent with a Droid RAZR in one hand and 14,000 volts in the other.

i saw a link somewhere one time and they tested tons of different stuff and 100% bio/ regular #2 mixed 50:1 was the best lubricity. i think it was dieselplace somewhere

I use Cen-pe-co Super Diesel Klenz. Wow, that stuff works. It's like my truck has 50 more hp. It's amazing. I've used all the other stuff out there. And buy far thats the best I've used.

Last edited:
kool, a while back Shell came out with nitrogen added to their gasoline which helped with fuel flow which equated to better mileage. I am curious to the performance diesel blends on what has been used in the design of the specific fuel itself has. After a few pages of google's search nobody produces a high performance version of diesel, just additives.

I wonder what the additives do as far as aiding complete cobustion too.

Does this mean there aren't any advantages in persuing a specifically designed fuel or people just haven't put their foot forward on desiging a fuel? :pop:

I think it's a one size fits all diesel fuel. Now that we have low emission stuff that ruined it for everybody. Back several years ago the fuel was so much better.

The red fuel has not had the sulfer removed yet, find yourself a closed course and run a tank of red, and see what mpg gains you have. The list of lubricants tested that showed bio as a great additive also tested ashless 2 stroke oil, it placed 7th in the test for lubricity, however, they tested at 1/2 oz per gallon, where most of us that run it, use 1 oz per gallon.

I use Cen-pe-co Super Diesel Klenz. Wow, that stuff works. It's like my truck has 50 more hp. It's amazing. I've used all the other stuff out there. And buy far thats the best I've used.

Where can you get some of this? Straight of there website? I wasn't sure if any place online would maybe be cheaper

I use Syndiesel or Shell LM24 both are GTL (gas to Liquid) from natural gas.
The Syndiesel is 60+ cetain and has 10% more BTU's per pound. Syndiesel also has a lower viscosity so it will flow more fuel thru the save size nozzle.

It’s available from Hyper Fuels. I use the B5 which has 5% bio diesel in it for lubricity. There is a oxidizer additive available as well.

You would be surprised how many people are selling their hot fuel and use this as a base

it is also the spec fuel for the TDI cup

SynDiesel

Hyper Fuels Diesel

Last edited:
After testing Shell's "racing fuel" on the dyno against #2, I strongly believe that an additives basic purpose is to separate me from my money.

I do run diesel kleen. And i have noticed a bigger difference with larger injectors.. A bit cleaner its all.. Feels like a more complete burn... Smells like a more complete burn at idle for sure.

The red fuel has not had the sulfer removed yet, find yourself a closed course and run a tank of red, and see what mpg gains you have. The list of lubricants tested that showed bio as a great additive also tested ashless 2 stroke oil, it placed 7th in the test for lubricity, however, they tested at 1/2 oz per gallon, where most of us that run it, use 1 oz per gallon.

Unless its an old tank, red is ultra low with dye.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Is number two the same as the heating oil I buy for my furnace since its red in color then?

Maybe a blend of additives, not just one, with either 1 or 2 will provide a high burn efficiency rather than just 1?? hmmmm Another thing on my mind is what about injector wear and fuels, additives etc etc... just thinking outloud everyone.

I thought heating oil was closer to kerosene?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Didn't someone run slower times on the Shell "super fuel"? I recall reading about someone having dual tanks and running consistently slower with the higher cetane fuel.

I have had good luck with the stanadyne performance formula in my boat.