HRVP44 vs. VP44

jktcummins

24v GOD!!!! HAHAHA
I was just wondering what yall like. Pump is failing and need to decided if i should go to the local pump shop (M&D injection service) or get a HRVP44 order. SO VP44 right at $1000 and HPVP44 $1500 range. Just need your opinions.

Honestly, save your money. The hot rods make a nice addition if you don't have any fueling boxes or have just like an EZ or something. But once you plug in a wire tap box it doesn't make any more power than an SO pump. Not to mention that you also run the risk of having a lopey idle. Especially with your bigger tubes. IIRC, the SO pumps still hold the highest power VP records.

I know i probly should but i watched a 02 pull the other night and it had a II hrvp, 11holes and smarty, edge hot. It was unbelievable how hard that truck pulled.

Wouldn't have been any different had it had an SO pump on there. Once you tap the wire the HRVP basically becomes an SO. I dunno. I guess I'm just anti HRVP. I just don't see enough of a benefit to justify the added cost.

Well if there is no difference then why does II recommend not running the 11 hole injectors with out a HRVP???? They told me that the so will not flow enough fuel for the 11holes.

I'm running their 11 holes with my SO pump with no problems other than the smoke and the heat but that's a different issue. II is probably saying you have to have it so you'll spend more money with them. If you can run a mach 8 on an SO pump then you can run their 11 holes. Not to mention if I remember correctly the HRVP doesn't flow any more than an SO pump. It just has different electronics on it. Kinda like having an EZ installed in the pump. Maybe somebody with a little more knowledge than I can help but I'm just sharing my experiences and the stuff I've come up with through research.

I ran .12 quicker in the 1/4 mile with a Hot Rod pump. It wasn't an II pump, and I know they are not all the same.

Paul

Interesting. First I've heard of someone actually doing better with a HRVP pump on a highly modified truck. Are you still running one?

i think the question to ask is would he have shown the same results with swapping a fresh so pump instead of the hrvp? how many miles were on your vp when you switched to a hrvp?

jamesl said:
i think the question to ask is would he have shown the same results with swapping a fresh so pump instead of the hrvp? how many miles were on your vp when you switched to a hrvp?

Valid point right there.

i couldn't tell a lick of difference when i got my hrvp from scheid except ofr the lopey idle! I won't spend the extra money again, but on the other hand i heard they are a little more durable than the so pumps!

so who really knows, but no real power gain!!

I know its no where NEAR the caliber of trucks most of yall have. But, here is a vid of CEpp and I playing around at the track.
My truck:
150 HP sticks
Comp
VP-44
4:10 gears
EGT 1650*+

His truck:
90 HP sticks
edge ez
3:73 gears
EGT 1400* MAX
HRVP

Like I said, this was one of our first times down a track. He beat me by 200th of a second. It was door to door all the way down to the end. He has had his head O RINGed but beyond this the trucks are identical. (wide open exhaust,tranny set up / builder,air intake,turbo ect.)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hpoUfk98Yt4

It seems everyones results are different. I have a 99 that had a good strong running VP on it and an opportunity to put my pump on a truck that needed it. The pump was replaced with a Scheids Lightning VP. Instant improvement in power across the board. Obviously more fuel because without any box it would smoke solid with RV275's. Then I add in the Smarty and it gains. Then I push the button on the FMS and it gains even more. It is hardly "tapped out" without being tapped. Scheids swapped one of these at their own diesel event on the dyno in front of 1000's of people and showed over 100hp and 250ft lbs. Dennis Perry ran Scheids pump into the 10's before he P-Pumped the TS race truck. I have the larger fuel delivery from the pump and the idle isnt out of control or too lopey. It has a nice sounding lope when you let off it as it returns to idle thats it. In our West Michigan diesel circle there are a couple of these pumps running with good results.

BgBlDodge said:
Interesting. First I've heard of someone actually doing better with a HRVP pump on a highly modified truck. Are you still running one?

I am currently running a SOVP44. The HRVP44, was on loan to me to test.

jamesl said:

My SO pump actually has less miles on it, then the HRVP44 does. Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to convince anyone to buy either. Just stating what I saw. The increase was there by going to the HRVP44, and then it dropped off by going back to the SOVP44.

Does this mean it will dyno higher. Don't know, didn't try it. Just because it runs faster at the track doesn't been it makes more peak hp.

Paul

i gained alot from switching from my SO to my HRVP. my SO pump was only 11 months old so it was fairly new but when i had my SO pump, and all my old boxes, i ran 107 mph in the 1/4 and that was with the spray as well. changed to the HRVP and went 109 on fuel only. i should be close to the 115 to 118 mph now with my current setup. then again, my SO pump could have been dying on me as well and i didnt know it. so like said before, i guess it varies from truck to truck. Damien Reese did 934hp using a HRVP .

inline6power said:
i gained alot from switching from my SO to my HRVP. my SO pump was only 11 months old so it was fairly new but when i had my SO pump, and all my old boxes, i ran 107 mph in the 1/4 and that was with the spray as well. changed to the HRVP and went 109 on fuel only. i should be close to the 115 to 118 mph now with my current setup. then again, my SO pump could have been dying on me as well and i didnt know it. so like said before, i guess it varies from truck to truck. Damien Reese did 934hp using a HRVP .

Whos pump are you running????

Industrials and i have aboslutely no lope, sounds so smooth. only thing thats different with the pump over the stock pump is that it idles almost 100 rpms faster.

inline6power said:

When was the last time you ran at the track?